Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life?

If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life?

Question: If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life

? Answer: Laptop batteries have finite life spans. Whether you use the power cord and remove the battery it will lengthen the life of the battery. Li-Ion laptop battery lifespan is approximately 1000 charge cycles, or 2-4 years under normal operating conditions. Keeping the battery in a cool place can prolong its life but not in a period of extended storage. The Li-ion battery should be stored at 40 percent rather than full-charge state. The battery ages even if not used. For best results, keep the battery cool. In addition, store the battery at a 40 percent charge level. Never fully charge or discharge the battery before storage. The 40 percent charge assures a stable condition even if self-discharge robs some of the battery's energy. Most battery manufacturers store Li-ion batteries at 15C (59F) and at 40 percent charge. Keeping a laptop battery on constant charge is and never using it is not good for the laptop battery. Run the battery down and recharging it at least once every month. Top 10 Laptop Battery Basics Take care of your laptop battery and ensure that it will be ready to work properly when you need it most. Some general tips for laptop care include: avoid extreme temperatures, dont leave a laptop outside in cold weather or leave it in a hot car. Cold batteries cant create very much power and hot batteries will discharge very quickly. Use electrical power when available to keep battery charged. Dont let your laptop go for long periods of time without using the battery. 1. Smaller Is Better Consider an ultraportable or thin-and-light rather than a desktop replacement laptop. Smaller displays use less power. Going with a hard drive that runs at 4200rpm uses less power than a hard drive running at 5400rpm. 2. Power Control Use as little power as possible by adjusting laptop settings. Use the Power Options to set to the laptop to go inactive after a set amount of time. Set adjustments so that the display goes off first, then hard the hard drive stay active a bit longer and store the system contents to the RAM. 3. Turn Down the Lights Adjust the display brightness to a lower setting, make sure you can view the screen without squinting. You can also adjust the brightness of the display to suit the conditions you are working in. 4. Watch Your Battery Use Keep an eye on your battery consumption and know how much power you have remaining. Use the battery power icon on the system tray or you can purchase batteries which have LED gauges on the outside of the battery itself. 5. Charging It Up Whenever you have access to a power source, charge the battery. Before you leave on any trips, fully charge the batteries, especially if you dont know where or when you might have access to any electrical outlets. 6. Get Another Battery Some laptops are capable of running with two batteries. If you cannot run two batteries, check with the manufacturer to see if there are high capacity batteries available. External batteries can also be used to extend operating time. 7. Drain the Battery The first time you use your laptop with battery power, allow the laptop battery to completely discharge. Do this at least twice and dont try to charge the battery when it is half discharged. 8. Clean Batteries Keep the battery and its connections clean and free of debris. Clean your battery terminals on a regular basis using a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol on the tip. 9. CMOS Battery Check-Up The backup battery is a CMOS battery which is a secondary battery to power the clock and can drain a main battery if it is dead. Check with your User Manual or manufacturers web site for the location of the CMOS battery and where to get a replacement. 10. Turning It Off Dont run programs or devices that you arent using. Remove PC cards and turn off Wi-Fi software. Using your laptop to watch movies or play games will drain the battery quickly as well.

By: Rainco
All About Auto Headliners Gatorade's "Tiger Labels" My Crush Doesn't Like Me - How Can I Get Over Her Why Can't I Get Over An Ex - How Can I Get Over Her Dish Network vs. AT&T U-verse Why Can't I Get Over My Ex - How Can I Get Over Her Ex Won't Give Me Closure - How Can I Get Over Her I Thought I'd Never Get Over My Ex - How Can I Move On When It Comes To Car Air Conditioners, How Do Auto Ac Parts Work? I Want Forget You, But I Can't - How Can I Get Over Her Peter's Free eBook Site Semi Auto Washing Machine: Get Rid Of Dirty Clothes With Ease Metal Forming Q&A
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.74.54) / Processed in 0.013910 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 4317, 952,