Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Harley Motorbike Insurance: Weird Ways To Cut Costs
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Harley Motorbike Insurance: Weird Ways To Cut Costs

Harley Motorbike Insurance:  Weird Ways To Cut Costs

A lot of blokes don't know any of these queer little tips and tricks for lowering the cost of your Harley motorbike insurance

. Everyone knows about keeping a clear driving record and owning a less expensive, smaller machine. But these unusual tips may surprise you.

Get Kinky: Handcuff Your Bike

Insurers often give discounts to policy holders that have an alarm, disc lock or store their motorbikes in a garage at night. Saving money on your Harley motorbike insurance should be reason enough, but add to that the safety of your beautiful beast and it becomes difficult to argue against such a precaution.

If your motorbike is kept locked tight and safe, the insurer need not worry about possibly paying out the cost of a new bike should yours be stolen.

Thank You Ma'am May I Have Another? Go Back To School

You can reduce the rates on your Harley motorbike insurance by taking riding safety courses. When shopping for your Harley motorbike insurance be sure to ask how much you would save by taking such a course. A small bit of time spent reviewing the basics can never hurt, can it?

If you have taken a safety course the insurer will classify you as a safer driver and give you a better price.

Three's Company; Multiple Driver Discount Party

If you have a young rider with points on their record then you will have to pay more. If you are a younger rider and able to put an older person on the policy that has no recent violations, then you could benefit from a lower rate. Adding an adult relative with an excellent driving record is your best bet for lowering the rate on your Harley motorbike insurance.

Use this knowledge to your advantage and calculate in advance who should be included on the policy and who needs to be left off.

Lonely Hearts: Ride Your Bike Less Often

Another factor used to judge you is how many kilometres you ride your motorbike each year. If you ride many, then you have a higher risk of having an accident. Insurers will want to know if your motorbike is your sole means of transportation, primary means of transportation or merely a recreational vehicle.

Leave the lady lonely, and you will likely lower the price of your premiums on your Harley motorbike insurance. (This is a terrible idea!)

Pay "A Pimp Named Slickback" Up Front: Pay for Your Insurance Annually

Paying for your Harley motorbike insurance monthly is a feature that costs you more. Not everybody can afford this option. You can often pay for a 6 month policy upfront and build up your reserves for the next 6 months during that time.

If you can afford to do so, you should pay for your entire policy annually or semi annually.

Wrap It Up Before You Rev It Up: Ride Safe

Keep your eyes and mind aware of what's going on around you. Expect a vehicle to pull out in front of you at every possible opportunity. Always wear your protective gear and avoid accidents if you can.

Having an accident or making a claim for damages will usually cause your Harley motorbike insurance rate to go up.

Some things shouldn't be left to chance. Having proper Harley motorbike insurance on your ride is one of those things.

Ding-a-ling! My girlfriend held a tiny pewter bell and tinkled it back and forth in front of my face.

"It's a gremlin bell!" She said smiling. "You give it to someone that rides a bike and it is supposed to ward off bad luck and accidents!" I raised my eyebrows at her silly superstitions. But I figured any extra help couldn't hurt. I attached the tiny bell to my bike that night and hit the streets with my riding buddies.

The riding that night got a little hairy in the thick traffic-packed city. Unfortunately the gremlin bell did not prevent a minor low-siding due to a careless cager pulling out into my lane. I watched helplessly as my beautiful new motorbike slid out from under me into oncoming traffic and was quickly annihilated by a passing truck. I was thankful to be alive and unhurt, save for some road rash. But my poor bike was done for. Luckily, I had great Harley motorbike insurance to cover the damage.

In fact, my cover was so thorough, I was able to replace the bike, and fix the damage done to the truck by merely paying my deductible. That was thousands of dollars my Harley motorbike insurance saved me.

Having the experience of losing my bike to an accident and being able to replace it with a new one within weeks was all the convincing I needed to keep my Harley motorbike insurance up to date and make sure I keep the best possible policy. And while I like the idea of a magical ward like the gremlin bell, it can't take the place of quality cover for your precious machine.

Be sure to thoroughly compare rates from various companies. You want to check every tiny little detail and the easiest way to do this is find a site that can compare several companies and policies at once.

by: Wesley Swatlovski
Classic Harley Motorbike Insurance: Learn How To Keep Your Money Tips for Errors and Omissions Insurance Small Businesses Needs Affordable Business Insurance Get the Best Insurance Rates in Seconds! Saving Money Just Got Easier All About Workers Compensation Insurance Dump truck Insurance - Requirements and Benefits Big Mistake- Not Paying Your Insurance Premium Role of an Insurance Agent Cheap Motorbike Insurance Income Protection Insurance for Australian Contractors and Builders Cheap commercial insurance - top tips to getting a good price and cover Ways of finding cheap insurance All You Need To Know About Speeding Ticket Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.133.228) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.014516 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 52 , 5149, 975,
Harley Motorbike Insurance: Weird Ways To Cut Costs Casper