Buy Boats But With A Bit Of Caution
We all want to buy boats of our dreams, but while you are in action it seems lot more complicated than dreams. Buying watercrafts is not at all a petty purchase; rather it's a huge investment. Without proper homework and classified knowledge, you may face disaster after buying your dream boat from frauds or newly emerging sites which want to sell boats just to make instant money.
So, take advance measurements to ensure that you are purchasing your dream hull in its best condition from a reliable seller from whom you can expect support in future.
1. Type of the boats matters: There are hundred types of boats for different purposes like fishing, sailing, skiing, cruising, rafting, water sports etc. Buy boats depending on your choice and requirements. Dont be confused over boat-types while you are talking with the dealer or seller. Their suggestion may add to your present confusion.
2. Research by reason: You are going to buy boats, not going to submit your thesis paper on geology. But still you are being asked here to research, as otherwise you will not be able realize whether the person wants to sell boats are good to be relied on or not, whether he is selling you an used one and snatching from the cost of a brand new one. Research all the important factors related to boat-buying. Know the average price of a water-craft with similar features you are looking for, compare prices of different items available and other such issues.
3. Think of budget and finance: Once you are confident about the type and other detailing, start chalk out the budgeting. Budget should depend on few issues like the type, size, condition, manufacturing status and other additional features (if any). Next decide about the finance plans. Are you going to buy boats all by yourself or you need financing? Seeking finance is better than paying instant cash as the lender often makes out good deal from the owner eager to sell boats.
4. Bargain the boat price: If you are determined to finance your own purchase, then always bargain the price before you buy boats. Remember that whatever you are buying, wherever you are buying; you should attempt bargaining to get the best deal. People who are into this business of buy and sell boats, often overprice the cost to maximize their benefits. Thus, you also have the right to minimize your cost.
5. Ensure secure delivery: Once you have set up the price and arrange the financing to buy boats of your dreams, it is time now to take a look at the delivery of the water craft. Most of the renowned manufacturers have facilities for their customers so that the buyers can inspect the delivered item before taking full possession of the boat. Check whether your seller is giving you the same facility or not. Dont let him sell boats which are damaged or not fully ready for use.
6. Ownership and registration are crucial: Ownership is a crucial matter when it comes to buy boats. If its a new boat, then ask the dealer or manufacturer to hand you over the titling and registering documents as soon as possible. If it is a used water craft then make sure to collect the ownership transfer papers before taking the possession. Fraud boat sellers try to sell boats without providing legal documents.
by: Michalis Economides