Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal Insurance » Art Materials Reveal Painter's Personality
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Art Materials Reveal Painter's Personality

Never-before-displayed art supplies help shed light on the personality of precisionist

painter Georgia O'Keeffe.A collection of O'Keeffe's art supplies and art materials are being exhibited at the artist's museum and curators have claimed that the display demonstrates how these tools inspired her work.Associate curator Carolyn Kastner told the Associated Press: "What I've learned in looking at all of these materials, and particularly her art materials, is how meticulous she was. It comes out even in the way she stored materials."Museum curator Barbara Buhler Lynes told the news provider that O'Keeffe was an artist who was attuned to her tools, techniques and surroundingsShe said: "We have a kaleidoscope of material - from the art to the materials she used to make it and the houses that she lived in."It's the first time we've been able to draw on them to clarify in people's minds what her objectives were as a painter and how she used materials to create things."Widely regarded as one of the greatest female artists of the twentieth century, O'Keeffe is best known for creating abstract paintings of flowers, rocks, shells, animal bones, and landscapes.O'Keeffe said: "I have picked flowers where I found them, have picked up sea shells and rocks and pieces of wood where there were sea shells and rocks and pieces of wood that I liked."When I found the beautiful white bones on the desert I picked them up and took them home too. I have used these things to say what is to me the wideness and wonder of the world as I live in it."O'Keeffe was recognised as having a notable impact on American art from the 1920s and was credited with influencing European artists at the time with her methods and style of painting.Born in Wisconsin in 1887 as the second of seven children, O'Keeffe studied at the Art Institute of Chicago and at the Art Students League, New York in the first decade of the twentieth century.It was at the League where O'Keeffe won the William Merritt Chase still-life prize for her oil painting Untitled (Dead Rabbit with Copper Pot) before quitting art but she later had her passion rekindled when she attended a course for art teachers.In 1928, the artist raised the largest sum ever paid for a group of paintings by a living American when six of her calla lily paintings fetched $25,000.

By: Martin Hofschroer
Physiological Personal Injury Can Have A Devastating Effect On Your Life Six Ways A Physician's Office Can Assist Its Personal Injury Patients' Attorneys Personal Trainers Are The Best Choice Make Successful Personal Injury Claims Erp Leads: Make Your Approach More Personal Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer Improve your Personal Life in Awareness Personal Injury Attorney In Louisville - Tips And Suggestions To Choose One About your Personal Page 3 Smart Tips to Choosing the Right Personal Injury Attorney in Tampa Considerations Of Having A Personal Injury Scotland Do You Need To Select Personality Testing? What Are Personal Injury Lawsuits?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.206.185.68) Piemonte / Pombia Processed in 0.012480 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 2488, 967,
Art Materials Reveal Painter's Personality Pombia