Insurances.net
insurances.net » Global Economy » A Global Market
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

A Global Market

These days it seems like things happen so fast

. A product can demonstrate stratospheric success in just a few days and become universally popular. Or it can fall down like a ton of bricks and theres no restoring the damage. Such is the age we live in.

If you look at global market share statistics relating to various products, you will probably see examples of some pretty big companies with mind-blowing numbers in regards to their presence on the market. Local has become a pretty fluid concept with a somewhat different background than before. Thanks to the web, what really used to be local can become global in a matter of seconds if it has a website and offers consumers from the entire world the opportunity to buy it.

One of the most famous and probably readiest examples of a global company with an impressive market share that comes to mind the quickest is Google. Google is everywhere, so get used to it! Personally, I find it just a wee bit scary. And while Im happy they are doing so well, Im a little creeped out by all the things they might know about me or us. And all the things they do to find out stuff about us!

Call me oversensitive, but however impressive and successful the company, I do care about the amount of data, and, more importantly, WHICH data about me is available out there. So no, I dont want to type in something personal that others really can do without.

For example, when I log in to my Gmail, they want to know my telephone number. Call me paranoid, but I steadfastly refuse to give it. Or take the case of Google Street View in Germany. Several towns were protesting against their houses and streets being filmed, especially people who were worried about their license plates being recognizable through this service. Later there were a lot of funny stories, like this guy who stopped his car somewhere on a hot day, got out, took off all his clothes except his underwear and apparently lay down in the trunk of his car to cool off. Which is just a little strange. There were probably more than a couple of stories about couples caught doing things they would rather others didnt see.

Well, Im not writing this to rant about Google. Its a global search engine used by most of the planet, and it even provoked its own verb to gogle. Google it is the standard response to most questions nowadays. I Googled you, might be the somewhat unusual opening on a first date. Some people are obsessed by the amount of information others can find about them on Google. Others install a notification service that sends you a message every time someone gogles you. So be careful what you put out there!

But in terms of business, those statistics on global market share are impressive. And Google is not the only example of giant global companies with international success who are still hitting it hard on their respective markets.

by: Stephanie Kopf
Purchasing A Man Made Diamond May Be The Correct Thing To Do. There Are Nine Main Steps To Purchasing Your Whirlpool Or Spa Bath Tub. Cheap Shipping - Is It Even Possible? Global Fine Chemicals Usher In The Recovery Read This First Before Purchasing Dymo Labelwriter 450 Crucial Suggestions To Look At When Purchasing Argan Oil Brand Protection: Safeguarding Global Organizations The Techno-savvy Way Balance Of Mining Globalization And Localization Development Situation Of Global Mining Stocks The Benefits Of Global Modular Systems Clean Room Manufacturing How Would You Get Selected Material By Just Global Positioning System? How American Coal Mining Face Global Crisis Affordable Shipping - Is It Worthwhile?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.239.148) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.012926 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2955, 465,
A Global Market Amsterdam