Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » Hire An Attorney To Help Your Company Collect On Debts
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Hire An Attorney To Help Your Company Collect On Debts

According to Steven Sutton of the Law Offices of Steven R

. Sutton, having an attorney acting on your behalf to collect on unpaid bills and invoices will almost always elicit a better response than trying to collect these debts on your own. This is because an attorney has the know-how and the power to get favorable results in these types of situations.

I am a commercial litigator in New York City. In recent years, collections have become a major part of my business litigation practice now that more and more companies are finding it increasingly difficult to collect on overdue bills from certain clients.

Why to Hire a Commercial Litigator

Attorneys are known for being much more aggressive than average business owners when it comes to collecting on debts, which is part of the reason why they usually get favorable results. Once an attorney comes in, the whole conversation changes. Because commercial litigators handle debt collections all the time, they are generally much better versed in what to say to debtors than an average individual would be. Therefore, attorneys like me are more likely to be able to collect on those unpaid invoices and bills than a typical business owner.

When it comes to hiring a commercial litigator to handle debt collections in New York, it is important that clients act fast. Laws regarding the statute of limitations in these cases can prohibit some businesses from collecting on bills that are too far past due, which is why it can be nearly impossible to help some companies who waited too long to try and collect. Unfortunately, these statute of limitations laws are relatively unknown to most entrepreneurs and business ownersmany of whom are too busy trying to grow their companies to spend hours each day studying legal issueswhich is why having an attorney handle such situations can be so advantageous.

What We Do at Law Offices of Steven R. Sutton

My law office most often represents small to medium sized businesses; however, we have also collected substantial amounts for larger businesses as well. In addition, my company represents clients from other countries as well, because they often have an especially hard time collecting payments from debtor clients in the United States. Hiring an attorney who is located in the same area as the debtor is one way to put the pressure on to pay up quickly.

Because of my Wall Street background, I know how to get where I need to go when negotiating with corporations and reaching settlements that work out favorably for my clients. Even more, I will do whatever it takes to collect on debts for my clients. Recently, my law office sued the city of New York on behalf of a software supply company that never received payment. For some reason or another, New York City just didnt pay his software company. So we were able to come in and get this client a six-figure settlement within one month.

The Goal of My Law Office

While many cases involving unpaid goods and services can result in lengthy court trials, I prefer to seek immediate judgments without going to trial. I am currently working on a case in the federal court system where I have a motion for summary judgment, which means that I have submitted affidavits to get an immediate ruling for my client without having to wait through a year-long trial. The goal is for our clients to get paid without having to wait through a trial.

Unlike other commercial litigators in New York, I care more about how a case can be solved inexpensively for the client than how I can make money from it. We are not out here to litigate for years and drag things out for our clients. That is not the goal of my office, nor has it ever been the goal of my office. Instead, our goal is to get our clients out of their financial problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.

In most cases, time is of the essence because very often, business owners who are suing to collect on unpaid debts need that money to continue operating their companies. In order to hire a commercial litigator to help collect on unpaid debts, companies in New York should look for an attorney who is aggressive and means business.

This article is for informational purposes only. You should not rely on this article as a legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances, and you should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Publication of this article and your receipt of this article does not create an attorney-client relationship.

by: Steven Sutton
Purchase Roxio Creator 2010 Pro cheap Using Personal Finance For Personal Wealth Debt Settlement - How Obama's Tax Breaks Help You Settle Unsecured Debts Debt Settlement Laws - How FTC Rules Reduce Debt Settlement Fees For Americans Settling Tax Debt With an Offer in Compromise – Are You Up For the Challenge? Debt Settlement Relief - How Obama's Tax Breaks Help You Eliminate Unsecured Debt Tax Debt Settlement Through an IRS Installment Agreement Debt Settlement Info - Who Makes Sure Debt Settlement Companies Give You A Good Deal? Debt Settlement Awareness - How to Negotiate With Lenders and Compel Them to Reduce Your Debt? How to Negotiate Efficiently With Lenders to Get Rid Of Massive Unsecured Debt Find Debt Help – The Solution To Your Debt Problems New Regulations for Debt Settlement Companies - How They Are Beneficial For You? New Regulations for Debt Settlement Companies - How It Can Affect You
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.151.18) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012969 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 4635, 179,
Hire An Attorney To Help Your Company Collect On Debts Copenhagen