Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » 5 Important Things To Consider While Choosing An Auto Repair Center
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

5 Important Things To Consider While Choosing An Auto Repair Center

Auto repair is inevitable, particularly if you own a car

. Spend a lot of time in choosing a repair center, for a hasty decision is not always the right one. Here are 5 questions that you should consider while looking for a trustworthy auto collision repair center.

Q1 - Who decides whether or not my car can be repaired?

After evaluating the damages to your vehicle, your insurance company has the option of repairing your vehicle, replacing your vehicle, or reimbursing you for the vehicles actual cash value ACV. Actual cash value is the amount your vehicle would have sold for on the date of the accident.

Your insurance will elect to replace your vehicle or reimburse you for the ACV in those instances where the vehicle is economically impractical to repair.

A vehicle is considered economically impractical to repair, or a total loss, if the cost to repair the vehicle equals or exceeds the vehicles ACV on the date of the loss. In many instances an insurance company will total a vehicle if the appraised damages equal 80% of the vehicles ACV because often, once repairs are begun, additional damages or hidden damages are found which would render the vehicle a total loss by definition. this is sometimes referred to as a constructive total loss

Q2 - Can I choose my own auto body repair shop?

Yes. Provided the auto body collision repair shop is licensed, your insurer has to try to reach an agreed price with the shop of your choice. If your company cannot reach an "agreed price", they will provide you with the names of licensed shops who can do the repairs for the price the company has determined.

Q3 - Can I ask my insurance company to recommend an auto body repair shop?

Yes. At your request, your company must recommend a qualified repair facility convenient to the vehicles location which will repair the vehicle at the price the company is willing to pay and whose work is guaranteed. Your insurance company further stands behind the repair shops guarantee.

Q4 - Do I have to pay a deductible.

When you bought your policy, you chose a deductible for your physical damage coverage. This is the amount you are responsible for if a claim occurs. The higher your deductible, the lower the cost of your physical damage coverage. Your insurer will deduct that amount from the settlement of your claim.

Q5 Do I have to accept non-oem parts?

No, the final choice is yours but if the insurer wants to use non-OEM parts and you decide to use more expensive OEM parts, you may have to pay the difference in cost.

by: Fred Morino
5 Important Items to have When Trailblazing with your ATV by:Billy Whitmire 5 Important Autonomic Nervous System / Brain Stem Functions You Never Have to Think About 5 Handy Find Me Car Insurance Ideas You Really Need To Identify 5 Great Things To Do On Your Vacation to Aruba - And 2 Things You Shouldn't Do 5 Facts Why Auto Insurance Price Quotes Vary 5 Facts Why Auto Insurance Price Quotes Vary 5 Factors that Affect Your California Car Insurance Rate 5 Errors To Avoid If You Are Renewing Your Auto Insurance 5 Effective Steps To Getting Affordable Car Insurance 5 Easy Ways To Review Automobile Insurance In Colorado 5 Different Kinds Of Automotive Training 5 Common K9 Injuries 5 Common Exercise Injuries And Their Causes
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.223.37.137) / Processed in 0.012269 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 2666, 952,