10 Ideas for Family Holidays in Florida, USA by:Orson Johnson
Florida welcomes tourists to a land of beaches, theme parks, tropical forests and abundant natural beauty amidst boutiques, museums and off beat leisure activities. Florida has something to offer all its holidaymakers. Here are 10 ideas to make the most of your vacation to this sunny state.
1. A trip to Universal Studios remains an eternal favourite with families. Here, you can watch your favourite stars and Disney characters come alive in its visually stunning effects. The surreal experience of the 4D theme rides is also worth experiencing.
2. Contrary to popular belief, Walt Disney World (Orlando) is not just for the kids. The theme based rides and fairy tale settings, along with the chance to hobnob with your favourite Disney characters is guaranteed to bring out the child in you.
3. A trip to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens will allow you to observe native African animals in a natural setting. Here, you can see giraffes, elephants, rhinos and other African animals in all their magnificence.
4. Wander into Butterfly World at Fort Lauderdale, a tropical rain forest with scintillating natural surroundings and an expansive walking trail. Rare species of butterflies flying around will give you a complete "wild woods" experience.
5. The Fantasy of Flight museum at Lakeland apart from housing several intriguing aviation memorabilia is more than just a museum. Visitors can experience the thrills of taking a balloon flight or get acquainted with a biplane here.
6. After a sojourn to the beaches of Miami you may want to take the kids to the Miami Seaquarium, a destination for marine life enthusiasts. The Miami Seaquarium allows you to see sharks and whales and even befriend a dolphin.
7. If you are fascinated by shells, pay a visit to the Shell Factory at Fort Mayers which exhibits and sells the largest and rarest collection of corals, sea shells and other fossils. You can pick up great souvenirs at good prices here.
8. On a hot summer day, pack your bags and head to Wet 'n' Wild, Orlando, one of the favoured water parks in the country. The many theme pools and inventive slides are guaranteed to cool you off.
9. Golf lovers are sure to enjoy the interactive exhibits at World Golf Hall of Fame (St.Augustine). Here you can get to know facts and trivia related to golf and pay tribute to the achievements of legendary golfers.
10. If you want to give your children an educative and fun experience take them to Wannado City (Fort Lauderdale), a first of its kind theme park offering interesting and informative sessions to children, about behaviour in real life, through play.
About the author
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Florida family holidays & Self catering holidays USA.