Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Your Child's First Puppy
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Your Child's First Puppy

Your Child's First Puppy

If you ask any adult about the day their parents finally let them have a puppy

, they can surely describe it in detail. My first dog's name was Landa and I was the most excited third grader in the neighborhood that day. Years from now, I will still be able to tell you vivid details of that experience - immediately falling in love with my new best friend, how tiny her little paws were, the collar I picked out at the pet store. These are things you don't forget, and long after the dog has passed and we are no longer children, the memories will still be with us.

A dog is a new member to the family and will be a good friend, confidante and playmate to your children. Having an animal they are close to will be something your children will never forget and will be fond memories for years to come. If you are choosing to get a four legged addition to the family, it will be something they will think back to many years down the line.

What to Teach Your Children to Expect About the New Puppy

Children are easily excitable, and a new puppy is certainly something they'll get worked up about! Puppies are adorable and fun and a new family member to play with, so know that your children will be very excited. They will want to get to know their new friend, to pal around with him, play fetch, go for walks, play in the park. There are limitless options on all the fun your child can have with the puppy and they will be bursting at the seams to do all of them. Your Child's First Puppy

This dog isn't the neighborhood kid's dog, it's not a stranger's dog, it is their dog and they will be very eager to start a solid friendship based on love and fun with their new friend.

However, being the parent, you have to consider things from the puppy's perspective. The puppy is very young and very scared and in a new place around brand new people. It will likely be very stressed and afraid when you first bring him home. Because of this, the puppy will need some time to adjust. He will surely love getting to know you and your children, but initially he will need a period of time in which he gets the proper space and treatment for him to deal with the stresses of entering a new home.

The best way to address how the puppy should be treated when he first arrives is with preemptive strike: call a family meeting.

Let your children know that the new puppy is going to very nervous and scared and that even though they are going to be excited to play with him, that they need to be careful not to hurt or frighten the new family member.

You should teach them several rules to abide by around the new puppy.

1) Use indoor voices around the puppy. Shouting or raised voices could scare the puppy and should be forbidden.

2) No aggressive play or roughhousing with the puppy. Let them know that a new puppy is very much like a new baby. It is very small and delicate and could easily get hurt.

3) Siblings should not fight around the puppy. Dogs are very empathic creatures and a new puppy could easily sense tension or anger between your children and become stressed.

Make your children recite these rules aloud until you are sure they know them well. Keeping your children aware of the new puppy's needs will start their bond with the new family member as a strong one and will keep the puppy happy and not stressed.

by: Tristan Andrews
Differences Between "remodel," "renovation," And "restoration" It's Just Common Good Sense Why Did My Ex Cheat On Me - I'm Getting Emotional Revenge On A Cheating Ex - I'm Getting Emotional How Can You Forget The Ex - I'm Getting Emotional My Ex Told Me He Missed Me - I'm Getting Emotional Best Way To Fix Depression - I'm Getting Emotional Not Over Ex One Year On - I'm Getting Emotional Hoe To Get Over My Ex Wife - I'm Getting Emotional I See Pictures Of My Ex And Crys - I'm Getting Angry I Took Revenge Against My Ex - I'm Getting Emotional How To Make My Ex Jealous - I'm Getting Emotional How To Talk With An Ex Gf - I'm Getting Emotional
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.221.46.132) / Processed in 0.015968 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3485, 952,
Your Child's First Puppy