Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » What to Do When You Loose Your JOB
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What to Do When You Loose Your JOB

It's been a long time since I have had to look for a job and I still remember the pain. With the Internet it does make searching much easier. However, as Jim points out, one must know how to read the job postings to know if they are real or a scam and it takes practice.

The one trap I see people falling into while unemployed is they waste a lot of very valuable time. Actually being unemployed can be a blessing if you just look at it a little differently.

The times that I was fired ("let go" as they said and yes, that is not a typo, it is plural) I felt devastated and wondered what was it that was wrong with me.What to Do When You Loose Your JOB

I later discovered there was nothing wrong with me except that I was feeling like a looser. Luckily, I woke up to the fact that instead of feeling sorry for myself, I could use the time to improve myself so that in the future if I lost a job, it would not hurt so much.

Up until the industrial revolution most people were self-employed. They had more control over their lives. It was easier to be self-employed back then (so I am told I'm not that old).

Then with the movement into the industrial age and people began moving to the cities to work for "The Man" things began to change. Life became easier in many ways. We had more idle time and more gadgets were developed and produced which advertisers said we had to have in order to be "cool".

Fast forward to the late 1900's and early 2000's. We now have lots of idle time which most choose to waste by sitting in front of the TV or computer. We spend more time watching "Reality TV" (which I hope you realize really is not your or my reality yet many of us inwardly hope it can be) or visiting social media sites or dating sites to get that feel-good feeling of being "somebody".

Now, that brings us up to today. The economy is tanking, people are being downsized, the jobs are moving to the far corners of the world and what used to be third world countries are beginning to experience more prosperity than we in the USA are experiencing and we yell, "It's not fair!"

Well, get over it because it is fair. We have been programmed since birth to want more and more and to demand more and more. To have all that advertisers say we deserve, we need more money. So we have our unions demand more from business which is when business decides to look elsewhere for workers who have fewer needs.

Then there is our government (don't get me started on that). Somehow (actually I know why) our government feels we need to be the protectors of the universe. Our government decides they need more taxes to pay for their extravagance.

Personal and business taxes go up and business and workers both need more money. The businesses move to more business friendly environments and we are left out in the cold.

So, what is the solution. Well, that's the easiest and the hardest part. Turn off the TV, get rid of your $200 a month cell phone habit and spend less time on social network sites. Then ask yourself, what do I really enjoy doing and how can I share that with others so that I can make some extra money until I get another JOB.

More on this later.
Take Me To Your Dream Job Job Placement Officer Cover Letter Choose Welding Electrodes For The Best Results In Welding Job NCIS Los Angeles Season 2 Episode 20 Entitled The Job Get Compression Socks for Your Job Finding The Most Efficient Architect For The Job What to Do If You Are Not Satisfied With Your Job Change in Control at the Office? Here's 10 Ways to Keep Your Job The Importance of an Illness & Injury Prevention Plan (IIPP) Perfect Couples Season 1 Episode 8: Perfect Job Employee Turnover: Seven Reasons Why People Quit Their Jobs 8 qualities one should have in any job Important Advice to find that next great job
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.234.55.154) Parana / Curitiba Processed in 0.021708 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3338, 968,
What to Do When You Loose Your JOB Curitiba