Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » What Should I Feed My Dog?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Should I Feed My Dog?

A well balanced diet is a must if you want your child to grow up strong, healthy and free of disease. Nutritious diet increases the immunity power and it is no different with dogs. For well-growth of dogs, you must feed them with diets that don't contain any artificial preservatives and by-products. By-products, in a simple language means-the part of animals which doesn't have any nutritional value. So, by feeding such items, the nutritional requirement of your dog is never completed and thus, your dog suffers from many potential diseases.

The items in by-products usually include chicken feet, bones and various organs of different animals. Most of the brands don't disclose the real facts. However, Bil-Jac brand which contains chicken by-products had listed what it contains. By-products like chicken kidneys, livers and heart are fine for dogs because they contain huge amount of proteins and dogs love them intensely.

Apart from by-products, there are some other stuffs too which are harmful for dog's health. The fillers such as corn and wheat are not easily digestible for dogs. So, avoid such grains as much as possible. A good and healthy diet for dogs should include about 10% grain, 50% veggies and 40% meat.

Another question that hovers in the mind of most of the dog owners is that if there's any extra benefit in feeding the dogs with either wet food or dry food. In fact, there are no such additional benefits in feeding dogs with either of them. Both are equally fine as long as they fulfill the nutritional requirements of the dogs. But some dogs might be a finicky eater and they won't get pleased in eating dry foods.

Most of the dogs will probably love to eat wet foods due to their appealing smell and taste. So, wet foods are often used in cases when the dogs need to put on some weight because they are more appetizing to them. The one thing you have to put in mind, if you are feeding your dog with wet food is that you need to clean their teeth often because wet foods are sticky. Instead if you feed your dog with dry foods, then it helps in cleaning their teeth since they act as an abrasive agent.
Pet First Aid Kits Bull Terrier Dog Breed Profile Information A Closer Look At Low Cost Pet Insurance A Snippet Of Pens The Measure of Your Dog When You Don't Want To Medicate Your Dog Things To Consider When Getting A Pet Watch Northwestern St. Demons vs St. Francis vs NY Terriers Games American Staffordshire Terrier Dog Breed Profile Information Socializing An Aussie Dog Dog Memorial Urns How to Adopt a Pet Pet Insurance Can Be Wonderful
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.188.68) / Processed in 0.012411 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2253, 969,