Board logo

subject: Careington For Low Cost Dental Care - How I Saved $1400 [print this page]

As is the case with so many people today, I had not been to the dentist in years. It was something I had thought about from time to time, but I always found a reason to put it off. Maybe I had matured. Or perhaps it was the tingling in my gums was becoming more bothersome. There was no denying that the pain in a couple of my teeth had become more frequent. Regardless of the reason, I finally went to see the dentist for a comprehensive oral exam.The results were not surprising. Thanks to modern-day dentistry, I could once again enjoy a healthy and attractive smile, but the cost would not be cheap. There was a lot of tartar under my gums and I needed a full periodontal scaling. There were some cavities that had to be filled and I needed two crowns. The total cost would be over $4000.I have a small business and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle. But $4000 was a lot of money, especially since business was a slower than usual during these tough economic times. So I decided to delay this needed dental work until I had time to sock away some savings.However, in the following week, the pain in my teeth became more severe and I realized that it was time to act. Besides, the dentist told me that if I waited longer, my condition would only become worse.But $4000 was still an issue, so I went to the Internet and searched for a way to lower the cost. I soon discovered that dental insurance was not the answer. Dental insurance was expensive and I had to wait a year before just part of the dental work would be covered.But during my search, I discovered several low cost "dental plans" that promised to lower the cost of my dental work immediately. There was no wait required for savings. After some careful shopping, I discovered the Careington Dental Plan, which at $6.95 per month was the lowest cost plan around. I read that Careington was not only one of the oldest and largest dental plans, but it also offered the best savings. In my case, instead of $4000, the dental work that I needed would be less than $2400 with the Careington Plan.The only drawback was that in order to enjoy these savings, I would need to go to a participating Careington Plan dentist. But when I looked up the plan dentists in my area, I found that the dentist I had gone to was on the plan. Since I had not actually started any dental work, I would be eligible for all savings.So I joined the Careington Dental plan online and in less than 15 minutes, I received an e-mail that contained my temporary ID card. I soon got the dental work I needed and I had no problem discovering other uses for the $1400 I saved by joining Careington.

Careington For Low Cost Dental Care - How I Saved $1400

By: Gen Wright

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)