Board logo

subject: Mistletoe a cancer kicker [print this page]

I recently read an interesting article on how mistletoe has been thought to be a possible anti-cancer food to consume. I had never heard this sort of odd theory before, but then again, there are many foods, especially green leafies and brightly colored fruits and veggies, which have been linked to having anti-cancer properties, so it did not surprise me that mistletoe, the stuff we have the tradition of kissing under for the holidays, was pegged as an anti-cancer food.

I guess that in Europe, there is a methodology of treating cancer where a patient takes an actual mistletoe preparation. Not only that, the mistletoe cancer treatments are covered by many insurances over in Europe (who knew?)

After doing a series of studies on the mistletoe treatment for cancer, researchers are now saying that the evidence it may deter cancer, stop cancer, or even help reverse the signs of cancer is very weak, and that taking mistletoe preparations may even domore harm than good for a cancer patient's health.

The strange thing is, the mistletoe can be administered via needle, so patients can actually inject themselves with the treatment. Concern started that this may not be all that great an idea when one patient developed a mass in her abdomen, where she had been administering the weekly treatments to herself of the mistletoe preparation.

As with any other natural remedy, you should research any alternative cancer therapy. After all, this is a serious health issue you are dealing with, and could easily become a life and death issue if the wrong treatment for your personal situation is chosen. Research, and consultation with an accomplished naturopath, and even solicitation of feedback from other survivors who got healthy by alternative meanswouldprobably be the best way to go about researching alternative methods for cancer therapy.

Mistletoe a cancer kicker

By: Dr Izharul Hasan

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)