Board logo

subject: French Life - Nice Carnival [print this page]

French Life - Nice Carnival

green light. This junior version of Mardi Gras rocks the town for ten days in January. Yer basic excuse for a street party. With all the usual trimmins music, food, booze, outrageous behaviour by otherwise normal people.

red flag. Its the street thieves Christmas. Not the bold-you-saw-it-on-tv-and-couldnt-believe-it ones who pull yer arm of out its socket grabbing your bag at the traffic light, then zoom off on their scooter.

No dear reader,these are the crme de la crme of the breed. Smoother than a babys bottom. Slicker than an oiled lap dancer. Europes premier pickpockets. Artistes of the illegal. To see them in action,is truly to observe "poetry in motion."

Heres one of their many "cool moves." Working in pairs, P.P. one bumps into you, cutting your camera strap at the same moment. Even before you turn,before his "excuse me", your camera has dropped into the shopping bag of P.P two, who is, at the moment of the "excuse me", twenty paces gone in the opposite direction. Slick. Definitely. But wait theres more!

After the excuses, P.P. one will walk in the opposite direction from P.P. two. So that, if you do notice immediately that you are suddenly camera-less, and if, you can actually find and confront him, youll feel like a total dork.

Because P.P. one, in addition to being cool, polite, and not(more probably pretending not) speaking English is carrying nothing! No shoulder bag. No backpack. No briefcase. Nada. And what are you gonna say now? You guessed it. UhExcuse me.Ive made a mistake.

by: bicycle gourmet

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)