Board logo

subject: Jon Hamm Interview for The Town - Celebrity Interviews [print this page]

Jon Hamm Interview for The Town - Celebrity Interviews

Jon Hamm

"Still A Mad, Mad Man"

The role has garnered Hamm three Emmy nominations and a Golden Globe Award win for Best TV Drama Actor. After success in the hit remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still and a memorable, Emmy-nominated guest stint on the NBC comedy 30 Rock as Liz Lemon's neighbor and love interest Drew Baird, the 39 year-old actor hopes to parlay his TV acclaim firmly into film with a role as Adam Frawley, an FBI agent pursuing a group of bank robbers, in the crime thriller The Town.

He talks about how he chooses his film roles, now that he's established himself as a TV star.

"I don't have any sort of calculus to choosing film roles," Hamm believes, "I just responded to the story of this and really wanted to play the character. I read a very, very, very early version of this script when another director and another package was attached to it and didn't necessarily respond to the story then."

"Once Ben signed on, then I became much more interested as a fan of his first film and a massive fan of this one," he adds, "No, I just try to pick parts that somehow inspire me creatively and I want to work with people whose work I respect and admire and in both of those cases, both of those boxes were checked for this project."

Hamm succinctly described for us the experience of working with second-time director and co-star Ben Affleck

"I mostly take notes with whatever Ben says," Jon states.

Jon also commented on a question posed to fellow TV-based co-star Blake Lively, who is best known for playing Serena van der Woodsen on the hit CW TV drama Gossip Girl about whether she was betting with show co-star Penn Badgeley. This being that Badgeley also has a film role in The Town'scompeting film coming out, the teen comedy Easy A about who's film will be more successful.

"I have a bet with Penn Badgeley on who's movies will open... Read the complete interview and see a lot of Jon Hamm pics here Celebrity Interviews

Jon Hamm Interview for The Town - Celebrity Interviews

By: virgin cavalier

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)