Board logo

subject: French Travel Life - The Film [print this page]

French Travel Life - The Film

Yes, I DID realize I was placing my cinematic privates in a vise by including those two words to describe a program that was NOT a cooking show.

And why? We'll get to that. But, first things first. Since I'm traveling by bicycle..impossible to use any other word to describe the concept. N'est ce pas? (if you don't know French, this would be a good time to go to babelfish.com and get yer free translation. I use it all the time!)

So, chew on this Am I traveling by bicycle EXCLUSIVELY for the wine?, the food? the natural beauty?, the people? Or,am I traveling exclusively by bicycle to experience ALL of the above?

You're getting my drift, are you not, dear reader? My intention was(and is),to "taste" everything! And what name do we give to someone who tastes everything?

In English, it's "Gourmet." N'est ce pas? (you did look it up, right?)

The French have a similar word "gourmand"but it's common translation, is "someone who eats everything." In short "a pig." Visualize."Next on HBO.."Bicycle Pigs Treasures of France!" Does'nt really scan, does it?

The only other English possibility would have been"Dilettante." Two problems there. One sounds too snobby. Two would mean nothing to the educationally challenged.

Ergo"BICYCLE GOURMET'S Treasures of France."

There were other names suggested, but they centered more on exactly the impression I was trying NOT to create. So, no point in repeating them here.N'est ce pas?

The question is : "If you were in my sandals.....what name would you have chosen?

French Travel Life - The Film

By: christopher strong

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)