Board logo

subject: Veggies Growing Pains - Buying Organic Cotton [print this page]

Veggies Growing Pains - Buying Organic Cotton

Veggies are advertised as being made of organic cotton. It is true, as I carefully researched various manufacturers and chose a local company that had an excellent reputation to buy my organic cotton from. After that I did not give the origin of my material much thought, until the day one of my customers asked me -How did I know for sure that my cotton was indeed organic? Did I have some form of certification?

I attempted to contact the wholesaler I had purchased from, but found they had gone out of business, and there was no way to reach them. This created a couple of dilemmas. First, I had no proof that my Veggies were actually organic and though I knew it to be true, my word was just not going to cut in the increasingly competitive world of organic clothing . The second problem was a simple matter of supply . The pants were selling and I knew I had to make a new order soon, but without a material , there were no Veggies!

So how does Veggies fit in within this fashion spectrum? Eseentially from my perspective, Veggies , though they are a brand, actually allow the wearer to express an element of individuality. Veggies say, style is an illusion, something that comes and goes, what is really important is comfort, and quality.

I knew I had to solidify my material supply line to move forward as a business, so I delved into the murky and fascinating world of purchasing off shore. I contacted companies, in India, China, Pakistan, and Turkey, requesting organic cotton of a specific weight and color, a low minimum order quantity, and of course organic, with certification. It took me a few weeks of emails, and samples, but I found my company in mainland China, and I place my first order for organic cotton. About 6 weeks later the product arrived on my doorstep and the certificate- which is called a GOTS certificate arrived by email from the manufacturer. I feel much better now, that I have the proof Veggies are indeed made of Organic Cotton , and though technically they are probably a twill I like to think of them as denim!

by: veggies wear

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)