Board logo

subject: Life Insurance Premiums 19 [print this page]

Life Insurance Premiums 19

There are some things that we simply do not comprehend or even appreciate till we are more mature. This is true for a lot of things. When I was in secondary school and college I got history courses since I was told I had to in order to get my diploma or degree. I had no interest in history. I will study for the tests and pass the class and get the credits and quickly forget every little thing that was reviewed in the class. I was into the present moment. When I have become more mature I find that I enjoy watching television documentaries about history. My husband and I have even discussed taking a history class at the local university in order to learn more about the history of our state. When I attended school I was very concerned about looking what was ahead of me that I didn't care what had happened before. Now that I have go through some history in living for some time I am more curious about previous happenings.

I had the same situation with my parents and a life insurance policy. When I was sixteen my parents got a life insurance policy for me. It was a twenty year policy that would pay our dividends after thirty years. I recall my parents discussing to me that they are going to pay the life insurance premiums till I graduate and had a full time job. At sixteen I did not assume this was any big deal so I simply shrugged it off. When I had completed school and started a job my mother presented me all the details regarding the insurance policy and informed me that it was time that I started paying the life insurance premiums. She stressed that they had paid in for 6 years already therefore I should continue to pay them. The life insurance premiums were very affordable since the policy had been obtained while I was so young. I would pay the life insurance premiums twice a year and forget about them till the next notice arrived.

When I got married I informed the company that I changed my name and place of residence. When I turned 36 the company sent me a letter that the insurance premiums were fully paid and that I can start getting dividends on a monthly basis when I was forty six or I could let them accrue. We were forming our family as well as working full time I didn't make the effort to look into the benefit.

Now that I am actually looking into retiring and considering my income sources I appreciate what a precious gift my parents had granted me. I will be able to draw out a regular monthly income in order to supplement my retirement plan. In hind sight I wish I did the same for my children.

by: Jenny Q.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)