Board logo

subject: How Hoodia Works as an Appetite Suppressant [print this page]

How Hoodia Works as an Appetite Suppressant

Hoodia gordonii is a cactus like succulent that is native to South Africa. Hoodia works to suppress your hunger so you will both eat less and be able to be satisfied with higher quality foods. This will finally allow you to avoid fatty snack foods and lose weight and keep it off.

For thousands of years the natives of the Kalahari Desert in South Africa have eaten the stems of the hoodia gordonii plant before going on an extended hunting trip. Hoodia allowed them to roam the semi-arid, sandy expanses of the Kalahari Desert in search of food for their tribe. The hoodia helped suppress both their hunger and thirst for days at a time.

Scientists began investigating hoodia in the early 1960s. But, it wasn't until 1995 that the particular molecule, now called P57, was isolated. The scientists at Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in South Africa patented the molecule. They eventually licensed the patent to a commercial pharmaceutical company but they found the extraction or replication of the P57 molecule to be too costly to be commercially viable. The CSIR is still working on the commercialization of P57.

Even though the P57 molecule has not been commercialized, you can buy hoodia gordonii capsules that contain dried parts of the plant stem. It's the stem that contains the P57 molecule and is effective as an appetite suppressant.

So, how does the P57 molecule in hoodia gordonii work?

When you eat, food is digested and results in the production of glucose or blood sugar. You may be familiar with the sudden rise in blood sugar produced by eating a large meal or sugary junk foods. In response, the rapid rise in insulin removes much of this glucose and your glucose levels rapidly drop and you feel sluggish, often a couple of hours after a meal.

Actually, the level of glucose in your blood affects a number of organs. Among other functions, the hypothalamus reacts to the level of glucose. When glucose levels are below a specific level a section of the hypothalamus (Lateral hypothalamus) signals hunger. When glucose levels rise above a certain level another section of the hypothalamus (Ventromedial Nuclei) gives a signal to stop eating.

The P57 molecule affects the hypothalamus by mimicking the effects of a high glucose level. Since the hypothalamus senses a high glucose level, it tells your body to stop eating and does not signal hunger. This suppresses your appetite so you feel no need to eat.

If you feel hungry too often and eat too much, hoodia gordonii may be just what you need to control your hunger so you can finally lose weight.
I recently tried cbd sleeping gummies for the blue ribbon prematurely and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Initially skeptical, I initiate that it significantly helped with my dread and slumber issues without any notable side effects. The oil was unoppressive to speak, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a merciful, vulgar liking that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked convalescence in my total well-being, ardour more serene and rested. I comprehend the unstudied technique to wellness CBD offers and aim to pursue using it.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)