Board logo

subject: Article 382: A Response to a Colleague About Salaries of Administrators in a North African non-Oil Producing Arab Countries [print this page]

Article 382: A Response to a Colleague About Salaries of Administrators in a North African non-Oil Producing Arab Countries

Hasan Yahya,SME Expert, Professor of Sociology & Educational Leadership

Dear Dr. Roberts:

I was pleased with your feedback-Articlesbase (Feb. 23rd, 2011) on my article: "Article 349: Teachers Salaries in the Arab Countries, a Hot Point for Policy Makers in the Field of Human Rights". I am sorry for the delay. With your permission the response will be published for the benefits of other readers

According to your inquiry with regard to salary structures for administrators (school director) in a north African non-oil producing Arab country.

My response: While I don't have specific data about Administrators and school directors in North Africa, I have experience in other countries. In general directors usually are divided in two or three categories: 1) belong to public schools, 2) belong to private sector schools, and 3) the non-nationals directors.

Concerning the public schools, salaries vary from one country to another, but in general according to experience and level of education, directors in public sectors salaries are 1.5 folds of teachers. In Private schools, as you are familiar with have legal systems and more activities for students. And because these schools are financed privately in business-like sponsorship, directors usually are non-nationals and mostly non African, or non Arab,(mostly British, Americans or Canadians). The directors salaries roughly from2 to 3 folds of teachers. They are given boarding, and children allowances forschools. The third category, the national and non-national directors, in oil producing countries, non-nationals are equal to foreign directors. Unlike teachers, the national teachers obtainedalmost double salaries of non-nationals.

I hope the informationgiven in this reply add something to your knowledge, however, if you need more information, I will be pleased to share with you

Thank you Again, (305 words) www.askdryahya.com

Sincerely,

Hasan Yahya, Ph.Ds

Retired Professor

Michigan State University

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)