Board logo

subject: Can I Get Pregnant After Miscarriage?—I Did and So Can You [print this page]

Can I Get Pregnant After Miscarriage?—I Did and So Can You

Can I Get Pregnant After Miscarriage?I Did and So Can You

Can I get pregnant after miscarriage? Yes! To me the real question was, "will I ever have a baby after miscarriage?" After a year of trying to conceive naturally, we decided to go to the doctor. He diagnosed us with male factor infertility and recommended that we go straight to IVF. The first cycle was a complete failure. I was starting to wonder if it was even possible for us to get pregnant.

When we had our first miscarriage, I was not too discouraged. I was just happy to know that we could get pregnant. The second miscarriage was not so easy for us. We had been through four IVF attempts, and we were beginning to think it would not happen for us. On our fifth IVF attempt we found out we were pregnant again. The rollercoaster ride continued when we had yet another miscarriage. We had a total of three miscarriages. On our sixth IVF attempt we would get pregnant again. This was the fourth time for us to get pregnant. Getting pregnant at this point really did not mean anything to me. We wanted to get pregnant and actually have a baby. It took about three months for us to begin considering that this pregnancy could maybe be the one. We had a few scares at the beginning of the pregnancy. This led us to being very cautious, and we had a hard time relaxing throughout the pregnancy. At about seven months along, I was ready to buy baby furniture. My husband was so nervous; he thought we would "jinx" the pregnancy by buying it too early!

All of the ups and downs were worth it. We now have a happy, healthy, seven month old baby boy. Please don't think that you cannot get pregnant after miscarriage. Not only can you get pregnant, but you can go on to have a healthy baby. I am sharing our story with you hoping that it will encourage you to keep moving forward. One day the bad times will be a distant memory for you, just like they are for my husband and me.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)