Board logo

subject: Our kids need us [print this page]

Our kids need us

Our kids need us

On February 24, 2005 I lost my only child, my son Jason, in a terrible car accident. He was 24 years old. He was an ordinary kid. His room was messy. His car was messy. He was not very organized. But he loved art and music. In our 2 car garage, he had set up a kind of sound studio where he and his friends could play music. Our poor cat, Roxanne who lives in the garage, had to put up with all the loud music. But she got a few pats on the head every time someone walked by her, so I don't think she minded too much. Jason was the type of person who would do anything for his friends. If you were in trouble, he was there. The only thing that has gotten me through this terrible time is my faith in God. No I am not a "born again" Christian (which is not a bad thing). I am just a regular person who believes in God. I believe God has an ultimate plan for all of us. This is the only thing that has sustained me. It's been 5 years since his death and I still have a very hard time going into his bedroom.

My point in writing this is Love your young people. Even though they mess up and make bad decisions (and they will!). You never know when your time is up. I believe we are not in control of our future. There is a higher power in charge.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)