Board logo

subject: Why Read Stories with Morals to Your Child? [print this page]

Why Read Stories with Morals to Your Child?

Why Read Stories with Morals to Your Child?

Since the dawn of time, adults have used stories with morals to teach children about the values of the family. Stories with morals teach children about life, the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, safe and unsafe.

More recently, stories exist only for their entertainment value and may even promote negative messages.

Wed rather that good behavior come from within, right? A story with a moral can help.

The moral of the story lays out precisely what the reader is supposed to learn!

Stories can have many purposes. They can educate about a topic or share historical insight. They can teach a skill such as counting or the A,B,Cs. They can make us laugh and provide the distraction of pure entertainment.

I am passionate about writing stories that emotionally impact the reader, no matter how young. I believe stories with a positive message edify and enhance the readers life, even if in a very small way.

By reading how characters deal with situations and work through issues, we gain experience without having to go through those situations ourselves. Our reality is expanded.

I wrote Bartholomews Gift because I became aware of how we as adults can squash the very special gifts children possess because we dont understand them.

The moral of the story of Bartholomew is to believe in yourself and your gifts, even if others dont.

Bartholomews Gift is a story that becomes even better when shared with a child by reading aloud or listening together to the audio recording.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)