Board logo

subject: Twas the Fall Before Christmas [print this page]

Twas the Fall Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house - not a creature was stirring not even my spouse.

My medications were set by the bed stand with care - in hopes that a good night's sleep would soon be here.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter - I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Down the stairs I flew, perhaps a bit too quick - forgetting about my arthritic foot, knee, and hip.

As I started to fall I looked for something to brace - grabbing my table with Santa's village and holiday lace.

But down I went to the floor below - bring with me the village, lace and artificial snow.

Lying on the floor surrounded by Christmas debris - I had massacred Santa's workshop, some elves, and trees.

Try as I might, I couldn't move at all - not even roll over to the phone to make a call.

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" I declared - hoping my husband would hear me up stairs.

But sound asleep he was, nestled in our bed - with visions of Christmas turkey dancing in his head.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear - upon my chest among all the plastic reindeer?

My Life Alert pendant shining like a gift from heaven - so I can call for help, fast, 24/7.

After pushing my help button, a reassuring voice, I must say - was keeping me calm while help was on the way.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard at the door - the knocking of help to lift me from the floor.

The firemen suddenly appeared like Santa's magic elves - and I laughed with relief, in spite of myself.

Dressed in uniforms, professional from head to foot - their clothes were clean and neat, no ashes or soot.

A bundle of tools were set on the floor - they checked my vitals and so much more.

In no time, upon my feet walking I was able - they even set Santa's village back on the table.

My night before Christmas fall had been put to the test - resulting in Life Alert Emergency Response being the best.

With 5 areas of protections for the family and home - from monitored help, smoke/gas alarms, and even a mobile phone.

One touch of a button sends help immediately - ror medical, fall, fire and other emergencies.

So I can maintain an independent lifestyle - with confidence, security, and a victorious smile.

I am ever so grateful to my Life Alert Protection - and the EMTs, who cleaned everything up, leaving no detection.

I heard one of them exclaim as they drove out of sight - be careful, stay safe and to all a good night.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)