Board logo

subject: Increase Your Leisure Time By Speed Cleaning [print this page]

Increase Your Leisure Time By Speed Cleaning

Are you having trouble finding time in your schedule to relax and just be. I know how you feel. I used to commute to a high pressure job in Manhattan, eating up most of my weekdays completely. When the weekend came around I just wanted to relax, but cleaning was needed too.

Since I didn't earn enough to hire a cleaning person, I developed some shortcuts to cleaning. Here is some of my bathroom speed cleaning tips.

Create a "cleaning kit" for your bathroom. Keep it under the sink in that room in a little caddy.

In my kit I keep in separate spray bottles a light mixture of bleach and water and ammonia and water, respectively. As well, I store a supply of a mild abrasive cleanser for the tub and sink such as "Comet."

In addition to the above I had a roll of paper towels, separate brushes for scrubbing the commode and the shower. Choose what you like for mirror, commode and floor cleaning and keep it in your kit.

I start by spraying the tub and shower with the bleach and water mixture. I then add a bit of the abrasive cleanser and scrub with the brush.

I take this same brush while it still holds the cleaning agents and scrub the sink. Then I rinse both the sink and shower. I usually dry the sink with the paper towels to get it to shine.

The commode is handled next with a light spray of the bleach and water mixture. Then I scrub inside with the brush set aside specifically for this task. Paper towels are used to dry the exterior down to the floor.

The mirrors and glass are tackled next. I spray them and use fresh paper towels to dry them to clean perfection. I use the same paper towels to go over any counter tops which are still wet.

Last step is the floor. Use a vacuum designed for bare floors. This will save time and get the floor really clean. After this spray the floor using a light coating of the ammonia water mixture Then quickly dry it up using a towel or mop.

You now have added an extra half hour into your schedule by following this simple plan.

by: Laura Lightseer

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)