Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Uncle Sam's Scam...Why your Postal Insurance Claim will never be Paid!!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Uncle Sam's Scam...Why your Postal Insurance Claim will never be Paid!!

Our company BrickTrainShop ships out thousands of packages, most of which are shipped via click-n-ship which is the preferred method of shipment not only by USPS but EBAY, PAYPAL, AMAZON, and the likes. From time to time we will have a package that has been damaged along the way. This is where the postal insurance for the packages comes into play. One insures a package with the United States Post Office under the assumption that if your package is damaged it will be insured and your money can be recouped.

Good Luck

The entire claims process from start to finish in my opinion is designed to basically run you around in a circle to the point of exhaustion having never resolved anything nor having received you money back. As a responsible business owner we try to provide the best possible experience for our customers. When a customer makes a purchase with our firm it will usually be a gift for their son's, daughters, grandchildren etc. If that package arrives damaged and ruined what is to be expected of the seller. According to the Post Office the seller is supposed to tell the customer to file a claim for damage. Thats just what our customer wants to hear, file a claim for the damage and in approximately 4-8 weeks you may get a replacement check so you can go and buy little Tommy that birthday present that got destroyed.

Several Problems with that plan Uncle Sam

First it's a bad plan and not very understanding to the victim in this situation. Second the customer can not file a claim without the proper insurance information purchased by the seller. If the seller gives this information to the customer, then the customer can file a claim and keep the damaged package with no legal requirement to send it back to the store, in addition they can file a chargeback with their credit card company and receive all of their money back as well. Wow, thats pretty shady. Yes it is, and yes it has already been done to us numerous times.

Can the seller file a claim?

That's what we are tyring to find out. As a responsible seller we ask our customers (basically our life-blood) to place the damaged package in a box and to ship it back to us. At which time we will issue a refund and pursue a postal claim for the damage's. Here comes the problem. The Post Office wants the package to remain with the customer and expects you the seller to somehow coerce them into taking it to the post office so it can be inspected. I have yet to meet a customer who is willing to spend $200.00 of their hard earned money on an item, receive it damaged, hold onto it while the seller files a postal claim, take it to the Post Office on their time and gas to help the seller with the claim, on the hopes that they will get their money back someday. Life doesnt work this way Uncle Sam and you know it.

Uncle Sam Know's

I have absolutley no doubt in my mind and have talked to enough local postal employee's and one stubborn Postmaster "Alex Preclaro" to realize that Uncle Sam know's exactly what they are doing. We have a word for it, it's not only called poor management, it's called fraud. Now the good people at the Post Office and St. Louis will have you believe that they know nothing of these matters. I assure you they do. I personally have informed them on numerous occasions of several blatent attempts to avoid helping customers and have documented every letter and response form them. They can no longer say they don't know about the issue.

1. Why does the USPS Website Insurance Help page give you the phone number to USPS?

Answer: I have no idea why, Because USPS can not answer any insurance claim questions, you have to contact the accounting department in St.Louis Missouri, and for my 118,000 readers here is that secret number 866 974-2733 say claims when the auto bot starts talking and then keep saying agent and you wil be connected quickly to an agent.

2. Why does the USPS Website Insurance Help page give you the email contact for USPS?

Answer: I have no idea why, Because USPS can not answer your email questions regarding insurance claims, in fact they will not respond to you at all. I have written 8 emails to the USPS website and have yet to receive a response, that was 3 weeks ago. The secret email address you need is (helpdeskaccounting-st.louismo@usps.gov) when you email here you will receive an incident number almost immediately.

3. Why did my Post Office tell me I have to file my claim online?

Answer: Because the Post Office's are either severely mis-managed ie. "Alex Preclaro" or that is what they are told to do by a higher source. The truth is you can file an Insurance Claim at any Post Office any time as long as it is within the claim time limits of course. But dont ask "92583" San Jacinto's PostMaster Alex Preclaro or assistant Eric that, because not only will they tell you that you have to file it online they will also tell you that you have to wait 30 days. The truth is you only have to wait 30 days if the package never showed up. If the package shows up and its damaged you can file a claim immediately. We have also had the pleasure of arguing with Postmaster Alex Preclaro regarding media mail and what can and can not be shipped, as well as damaging packages on a regular basis by shoving them into a 4" x 4" tube rather then bring them to the door. All this is another story though and will have to be in another article.

4. Is the system broken?

Answer: From our perspective it most certainly is. From the Post Office's perspective probablly not, they've created the perfect finger pointing insurance scam, in which nobody know's anything and can easily blame St.Louis which in turn blames the local Post Office. I understand that USPS pays out millions a year in claims filed, the real question is how many claims didn't they pay that they should have???

Where does this leave me then?

No where good that's for sure.

I will say this. The good folks at St.Louis or at least the dozen or so I have talked with, are very knowledgeable and for the most part are helpful. Some of the problem being that their hands are tied by rules that just don't work and a broken system at the lower levels in which they have relied on postmasters and clerks to do their jobs. The problem I have is accepting that they don't know this is going on. I think St.Louis is fully aware that the Local post Office's are mis-informing people right and left but havent done anything about it. I had the mis-fortune of dealing with Gary (Post Office Clerk) today at our Local Post Office here in San Jacinto California 92583. Not only was he wrong about many claim procedures he flat out told me he had no idea how to fill out the damage report form and that if I forced him to fill one out that he would deny my claim, that they have never done one of these forms before.

Is this Goverment Employee for Real?

Am I supposed to believe that a Post Office that has been here for years has never filled out a damage report before???? Are you serious? What does that mean, that San Jacinto has never had a claim filed or that you have never paid one? Either way an investigation should be conducted about that. The San Jacinto Post Office has 18 city routes and 1 highway contract route that make a combined 15,167 daily deliveries. There are 1,422 P.O. Boxes and 39 employees (none of which can file a postal claim), but has never had to do a damage report!!! It's 2010 and in a town full of seniors I can not believe that nobody has filed a claim at our Post Office, or that they all did it online and no package inspections were required. ~Shocking~

Long story short Gary informs me that I need to give him my number and he will look into it and call me. I told him, no way. Im not leaving this office until you at least call St.Louis and find out what to do, other wise I am calling the Police to file a report of theft from this office. He had the audacity to tell me that "You can't call the Police on us we're the GOVERMENT" mind you this is all on video tape if those 8 cameras in the lobby are working and recording which I assume they are. So I told Gary "What are saying you have a license to Steal?" He did not answer. He did call St.Louis though and he did emerge with the forms needed that he didnt have before and assured me he would take care of this today. Havent heard from him yet though. I did tell him before I left that I was not done on my quest to solving this case and that I was going to file complaints about it.

Update, Postal Employee's Are not Immune from The POLICE

Spoke with the Police Department and I informed them of the entire case as well as the statements made by Gary and they assured me that theft is theft and nobody is immune from prosecution, they are supposed to put me in touch with a detective about the matter.

So where are we on this claim?

Well it has been two months now and we're still working on it, Thank God I didn't put my customer through this mess. Next stop is Mary Bono-Mack's Office so I can present them with all my documentation and responses from Uncle Sam so that maybe I can get a Congressional going on this whole process. I encourage each and every reader who has had similar problems to let us know, the more the merrier.

In Case you are reading this St.Louis/USPS my article number is 94062036993000003651367
Plan General Insurance: Plan the Mission of Safety Reliance Motor Insurance: The ABCs of Safety Salient Features of Tata Motors Insurance Use Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance Renewal for Instant Online Insurance renewal The Best Features of Semi Truck Insurance California Watch San Jose Sharks vs Phoenix Coyotes Online Game Coverage Water purifier market "double insurance" to "purify" Speed - water purifier, wat Do You Need Disability Insurance? What's The Most Important Type Of Insurance To Have? United India Insurance Motor Insurance Offers Comprehensive Coverage Find the Best Coverage from Online Insurance Websites Get Low-Cost Insurance from Tesco Insurance Claiming For Mis Sold Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.227.0.245) District Of Columbia / Washington Processed in 0.017182 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 56 , 9788, 975,
Uncle Sam's Scam...Why your Postal Insurance Claim will never be Paid!! Washington