Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » Turn Your Blog Into A Business
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Turn Your Blog Into A Business

Do you have experience with anything? Have you studied a subject or worked in a field for years

? Have you built up an understanding with respect to a certain niche? Can you offer your knowledge or insight to others? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you have everything you need to build a thriving business.

In the old days, to market your skills or knowledge, you would have to literally pound the pavement to get the word out that you have a service or trade you can share. These days, that is no longer the case. Welcome to the world of internet marketing. Here, the possibilities are endless.

Does this sound like a fairy tale? Maybe. However, it is true, none-the-less. Internet marketing, today, is very easy, despite what you think. Can you do it? Absolutely. Without a doubt. You just have to be shown what to do.

A wise old gentleman once told me: " What we do not know how to do is difficult. What we do know how to do is easy." That deceptively simple statement is more profound than you realize. To put it differently: "If we have to figure things out for ourselves, they are hard to do, but if someone shows us, then they are easy."

In this post I give you the basics of getting started. This is just an outline of what to do so that you can keep it straight in your head. This is by no means the only method, but it is one that does work IF you stick with it.

Recently, on a forum, someone said/asked: "OK, I have my domain name, should I set up a squeeze page or forward it to an affiliate product?"

This person was trying to start a business. However, what type of business model is simply forwarding your URL to an affiliate product? How can you build trust with a clientele and establish a business relationship with them? You cannot, so here is what I recommended to him. I recommended for him to add a blog to his domain. Why? One word...content.

Content is the key to an online business. One of the largest potential sources of traffic for any business is search engine traffic. It is highly targeted and there is a ton of it if handled properly. Search engines love content, specifically, unique content. This is where your years of expertise come into play. Draw on your experience to write unique articles about your subject of interest.

This technique has been used since marketing began. Companies would publish articles on various topics related to their niche and publish them in newspapers and magazines as a means to soft sell their products and become recognized as an authority in their field. You would be doing the same thing. The only difference these days is the fact that the internet is used in addition to magazines and newspapers. The process is the same as it has been for a very long time. Only the medium has changed and everybody, including yourself, can be a publisher.

Once you have a domain and hosting and have added a blog to your domain, consistently add unique articles to it, all the while drawing from you unique perspective on the subject.

Now you can begin to built your list. Subscribe to an auto-responder service and use the code they provide for you to add an opt-in form to your blog, similar to the one at the top right-hand column of this blog and offer a free article or report that you wrote to your potential subscribers upon subscription.

Now, every time you post an article to your blog, you can send it out to your subscribers in the form of a newsletter. Now your blog is a business and you are marketing just like the "big boys".

Building a subscriber list is important for a couple of reasons. First, it is a great source of repeat visitors. Many times, when visitors come to your website, they will visit once and never return. This is not because your articles are bad or because they do not like you, it is simply just the laws of statistics. Odds are they will not return for "whatever reason". An e-mailer list allows you to draw them back over and over again. Additionally, a list allows you to directly promote your products to them on occasion. Those that trust you and recognize you as a source of reliable information will sometimes buy your product. That is the value of a list.

by: Mark T H
SMU vs Texas Tech on ESPN: Week 1 College Football Odds A Good Lcd For All Your Business Needs Online Groceries Stores-with Free Shipping Of Free Groceries Make Your Move Easier With Luggage Shipping What Is The Right Time To Use Nfo Shipping? Brother XL2600I Sewing Machine - How You Can Get Free Shipping on Your Brother XL2600I Sewing Machine Playing The Odds Successfully When Shipping You Can Make A Great Income By Drop Shipping Let A Baggage Shipping Firm Lend A Helping Hand Shipping San Diego Provides Insured Services! Right Temperature Means What We Say It Means When Shipping Shipping To France From Us To Choose Or Not To Choose The Shipping Route
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.90.142.26) / Processed in 0.013734 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 4319, 146,