Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » The Effects Of Private Lending From Employees Working Behind The Curtain Of Colby Properties
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Effects Of Private Lending From Employees Working Behind The Curtain Of Colby Properties

The Effects Of Private Lending From Employees Working Behind The Curtain Of Colby Properties

My name is Justin and I work in the marketing department for Alan Cowgill's real estate educational company, Colby Properties

. When Mr. Cowgill approached me about writing a blog entry to introduce myself to his readers, I have to say that I was a little wary. To people in the world of private lending and real estate, my life is not nearly as interesting as his. But, in his typical guru fashion, he told me 'Justin, you're only 30 and you have one of the most interesting backgrounds of anyone I have ever met'; coming from a man that has traveled the world teaching people how to make millions in real estate, I was reassured.

With that in mind, I would like to share a little bit about my life. I am married to the most wonderful woman you could imagine for 7 years this June. That reminds me, I need to start making some plans. We met in my junior year of high school and have been 'stuck with each other', as we call it, ever since. I have 2 beautiful children, Jack (3) and Lucy (1), more on them later. I was born in Springfield, Ohio, but my heart is out in the rural areas of Clark County, Ohio. That is where I consider myself to have been raised. I am far from what you would call a 'city person', but not quite the kind of country boy you imagine with his overalls, straw hat and love for all things John Deere green. One might best describe me as the kind of person that enjoys the solitude of not being able to see your neighbor's house from your window.

My career background is as diverse as you can get. My first job was loading 24 packs of pop onto the route trucks for a vending machine company. I graduated to loading food into freight trailers that deliver to grocery stores and restaurants. I could list all my jobs, but I will just say that I have done just about everything, from working 3rd shift in a mustard factory, to working 15 hours a day six days a week for a delivery company. I was given the opportunity in 2004 to come on board my father's auto repair business as his office administrator. I had never really liked working for a boss and with the opportunity to take over for him when he retired, I jumped at the chance. The only issue was that his business was auto repair, and I had very little interest in it. I stuck it out for 5 years and gained an invaluable education in how a small business operated. I used this experience to spring board into my current position with Colby Properties. I would like to think that, using my past experiences, I am able to give a very different perspective when it comes to marketing and customer service. One of the responsibilities I have been entrusted with is the very important jobs of 'sending out the feelers' across the county to find people that would like to have him come and educate them on private lending and real estate, such as REIA groups. I am also utilizing my background in computer networking, or as my degree states 'Associates of Applied Science in Computer Networking with a special Concentration in Cyber Security' ( fitting that on a resume was a nightmare), to help Mr. Cowgill and his partner, Brad Zitzner, with support for their ZZZ Real Estate product. I am also the first person you will likely talk to if you call our office.

Perhaps my favorite part of this job is travelling to our nation wide boot camps. I have only been to two of them, one in Columbus, Ohio and the other in Orlando, Florida. I don't mind the long days, hotel beds and airline food. To me, the best part of the boot camps has been meeting some of you. I love to talk to our students, even the few grumpy ones:) You guys have the best stories and always keep me on my toes with your questions. It is a great feeling to be able to put a face to some of the voices I deal with on a daily basis. We all have great stories to share when we get back into the office. I love the fact that someone can come up to me at a boot camp and say 'I talked to you a couple days ago, that advice on how to approach my prospective lenders made all the difference for me'. That, to me, is just as rewarding as turning a workspace full of engine parts into an engine and hearing it crank over for the first time. I love having the opportunity to meet people like Cameron Dunlap, Robin Thompson, and Scott Scheel. It really is exciting to meet truly wealth people. How many times do you get to talk to two or three millionaires in the same weekend?The Effects Of Private Lending From Employees Working Behind The Curtain Of Colby Properties

Currently I am uploading more of Mr. Cowgill's coaching lessons into our e-mail system so that he can share more of them with you. If you haven't read his coaching lessons, shame on you, you need to go out and sign up right away! If not for you then do it for my job security. With that in mind, I would like to share some of my wisdom with you as well. You might be thinking, your only 30, how much wisdom could you have? To that I have just two words for you: 'Kung-Fu Panda'. That is my son's favorite movie right now, and as such I have seen it everyday for about the past 2 months. I will save you a movie review, and tell you that an astute person will see that the movie is as much about following your dreams and never giving up as it is about the slap-stick adventures of a clumsy panda. There are many bits of wisdom that are shared by the Kung-Fu Master and I would very much like to share them with you.

Lesson #1- You mind tends to be like water. When agitated, it becomes difficult to see, but when you allow it to settle, the answers will become clear.

It can be chaotic, running a real estate investment business, or any business for that matter. I know; I have been there. I know how easy it is to become frustrated with all the paperwork and day to day duties. I can tell you that Alan Cowgill is right when he says that procedures and policies are the answer. Take the time to write down everything you do in your business. Everything from how you start your day, to how and when you go out looking for houses to how often you make offers. This is the start of clearing your mind and getting your life organized.

Lesson #2- You will never fulfill your dreams until you remove your attachment to the illusion of control.

This might be a little hard for some of you to swallow, it was for me too. Control is no illusion to most of us. Let me explain what this lesson means. Go out and look at a fruit tree, apple trees here in Ohio. You cannot make the tree blossom when it suits you, and you cannot make it bear fruit before it is time. But there are things you can control, like when the fruit will fall and where to plan the seed, that control is no illusion. However, the seed you plant will always grow into an apple tree, you may wish for a peach or cherry or orange, but you will always get apples. By now you are thinking 'what do apples have to do with real estate?' No matter how hard you try, your rehab house, apartment complex or shopping center will not make you a millionaire unless you are willing to guide it, nurture it, and believe in it. Plant your business seed, do whatever you can to help it grow, and when the time is right it will grow into something great.

Lesson #3- Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift- that is why it is called the present.

This, to me, is the most important lesson I can pass onto you. Don't be overly concerned with what was and what shall be. Take everyday in context. If you lost out on a deal on Monday, don't let that discourage you from making twice as many offers on Tuesday. If have a tenant that pulls up roots in the middle of the night and leave one of your properties looking like my kid's toy room (again I know from experience), don't let that stop you from cleaning it out and putting someone else right back in. Each day that you are working toward your dream is progress. Every day you spend sulking over what went wrong will only set you back. Learn from your missteps, create a plan of prevention and move forward.

I would like to thank you for reading my article. I hope that you take away from this that the more you internalize your business and think that it is all up to you, the less chance you have to succeed. But if you let go and allow it to flow through you, you will achieve greatness. I might not be the smartest person in the room, my dogs can do long division better than I can; I do like to think that I have a lot of wisdom to share with others. I wish you all great wealth and success. Always remember to live your life on your terms and above all else live two ways: long and strong.

by: Alan Cowgill
Job Hunt Effectively Roofers - Behind The Job How do I Quit a Manipulating Job? Non-surgical Nose Job Getting References Of Popular Polish Companies Has Become An Easy Job Pai Skincare - Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream How to Quit Your Job How Many Ways Can You Say Goodbye To A Job? Can You Help Me Find a Job? The Irony of a Call Center Job Choosing The Right Laminating Pouch For The Job Phlebotomy Job Finding The Right Solution For The Job
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.152.98) / Processed in 0.020441 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 8799, 968,