Skin Care Ingredients to Avoid When PregnantAuthor: Margaret Bell
As you know when pregnant you are feeding two people. You know about the food but do you know what skin care ingredients to avoid? Find out here.
A negative effect on the fetus has been suspected if not proven with some very common ingredients.
The mother does very well in screening out germs and bacteria by means of the placenta. But not all things can be filtered out.
Skin Care Ingredients to Avoid
Beta hydroxyl acid or salicylic acid - This is used a lot in anti aging lotions or creams, and in treating certain skin conditions. Some of the skin conditions are acne, calluses, corns, warts and even psoriasis. Salicylic acid is the main ingredient in aspirin and has caused some problems with some women.
Phthalates or dibutyl phthalates - This also should be avoided when pregnant. This may not be listed on the label but could be hidden if the label says 'fragrance'. It can be carcinogenic to developing boys.
If your cosmetic has a scent or fragrance, the suggestion is to avoid it.
1,4 dioxane - This is a by product and probably will not be on the label. How it may if it does affect the fetus is not known. What is known is that it is a carcinogen.
Parabens - There are many different kinds. The main purpose of a paraben is to extend the shelf life of the product so it doesn't spoil. Parabens have been found in breast cancer patients. They could have an effect on the reproductive system.
Ethylene oxide - It is used in a process called ethoxylation. This is to make a harsh ingredient milder.
If you are unsure about a product, don't use it.
Use Real Natural Skin Care Products
The best choice you could make whether pregnant or not would be to use real natural skin care products. Synthetics may seem to work but they are chemical inventions that may have bad results. I found a company that I would like to recommend you check out. They have products that are natural and they really do give great results.
And now please visit the XtendSkinCare website listed below for updated information on skin care ingredients to avoid when pregnant.
About the Author:
And now I would like to invite you to visit http://www.XtendSkinCare.com for FREE Instant Access to a more information on Skin Care Ingredients to Avoid When Pregnant available at http://www.XtendSkinCare.com
Article Source: ArticlesBase.com - Skin Care Ingredients to Avoid When PregnantLEAVE A REPLY? =>> REPLY
- How to Get Pregnant Fast - Have You Been Trying To Get Pregnant - Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant Naturally
- How To Get Pregnant - Trying For A Baby - Learn How To Get Pregnant Fast
- How to Get Pregnant - Trying to Conceive Without Success - Tips For Getting Pregnant Naturally
- How To Get Pregnant: Boost Your Fertility Naturally - Learn How To Get Pregnant Fast
- How Can I Get Pregnant- Simple Things You Can Do That Will Help You Get Pregnant Fast
- How To Become Pregnant Fast- Effective Things You Can Do To Get Pregnant Fast
- How To Become Pregnant Fast- Simple Ways To Get Pregnant And Have a Beautiful Baby