Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Sermon 4 Kids: Perky The Orange Pumpkin
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Sermon 4 Kids: Perky The Orange Pumpkin

Once upon a time, there was a little orange pumpkin named Perky

. One day he looked around in the pumpkin patch and saw that all his friends were orange. He thought he would like to be some other color. So he sat up proud and said, "Im a pumpkin round and fat, (make a round shape with hands) and I can change my color (point to self) just like that!" (on that, snap your fingers)

All of a sudden, at the snap of his fingers, he was a green pumpkin. Green as the grass. Perky went to play with the other pumpkins, but what do you think happened? His friends did not see him because he was the same color as the grass. He was disappointed. He didnt think it was fun to be a green pumpkin. So he said, (encourage the children to join in and repeat motions as above) "Im a pumpkin round and fat, and I can change my color just like that!"

And then what color was he? He was blue, all over! Blue like the water and blue like the sky. Perky was so proud of his pretty new color that he decided to go for a walk and let everyone admire him.

He came to a little pond of water. But do you know what happened? Perky leaned over to look at himself and kerplop! Splash, he went into the water. Poor little Perky did not know how to swim. He was scared. He called for help. He called so loudly, his friends came rolling over to help him. They looked in the water but they could not see him because he was blue like the water.

Luckily, his friend, Timothy Turtle came swimming by. He told Perky to climb on his back. Timothy Turtle gave him a safe ride back to the shore. Perky thanked his friend for helping him. Right there he decided he didnt want to be blue anymore. So he said, "Im a pumpkin round and fat, and I can change my color just like that!"

And what color was he then? He was yellow like the sun. He was so proud of his new color. He decided to go back to the pumpkin patch and show his friends. Well, when his friends saw him they laughed and said, "You look silly." How do you think that made Perky feel? He felt embarrassed and sad. He decided to show them and make himself into a better color. So he said, "Im a pumpkin, round and fat, and I can change my color, just like that!"

And what color was he then? He was red, red like an apple. He began to go back and show his friends, when he saw people coming to pick a special pumpkin to take home. He thought for sure that he would get chosen because he was such a beautiful color red. But the people walked right past him. They looked at all the others and said "This one is nice and round and fat, AND such a beautiful ORANGE color." Many of Perkys friends found new homes that day. But not Perky.

Perky decided he didnt want to be a red pumpkin anymore. He decided he didn t want to be yellow, or blue, or green either. Do you know what he thought? He thought he would just like to be himself, round and fat and a beautiful orange color - maybe he would find a nice home like his friends. So Perky said, "Im a pumpkin round and fat, and I can change my color just like that!" And what color do you suppose he was now? A beautiful orange!

Just then a family came to the pumpkin patch. The children got out and ran to Perky. "This is the best one weve seen all day." Said the little girl. "Can we take him home, please?" Said the little boy. And they scooped Perky up in their arms and took him home. Now Perky was a very happy pumpkin just being himself. Just the way God made him - an orange pumpkin.

Source:http://www.sunday-school-lessons.com/pumpkin.html

Looking for some icebreakers for your party or event?My eBook,"IceBreakers Ahead: Take It to the Next Level"found athttp://www.creativeicebreakers.com

not only provides 52 of the most world's popular group icebreaker activities, but also includes life changing lesson ideas and questions to smoothly transition into discussions about issues common to most groups.

by: KenSapp
Trading Pro System Reports What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You The Recession And Its Impact On Pharamceutical M&a Activity Fashion & Design Academy Are You Concerned About Your Online Reputation Local Philippines: Better Leyte Than Never by:Allan Leandro Merina Why Prepare Systematically To Deliver A Few Checks? (chapel 2) My Wife Wants a Divorce - Here's How to Change Her Mind and Win Her Back Are There Risks When Investing In Penny Stocks? Corporate Removals to Ireland Presto 23 Quart Pressure Canner Review - A Useful and Versatile Cooking Piece Choosing wedding dress Ranch Holiday
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.61.246) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.014011 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 4188, 975,
Sermon 4 Kids: Perky The Orange Pumpkin Columbus