Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Semi-auto Vs. Revolver, The Great Debate
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Semi-auto Vs. Revolver, The Great Debate

Revolvers have a reputation for being trustworthy

. Ask someone what they feel about revolvers and they say, "Revolvers are trustworthy." It's true, revolvers are reliable. There just isn't a whole lot to go awry when you pull the trigger. Dependability needs to be your principal issue when choosing a pistol. The aspect that I don't like about revolvers is ammunition capacity. Most revolvers that you can easily conceal (and believe me if you are going to wear this weapon for any span of time comfort level and conceal-ability are giant concerns) only carry roughly 5 or 6 rounds. Smith & Wesson makes a 7 round .357 Magnum and Taurus makes an eight round .357 Magnum. These firearms are super "home defense" handguns, but I would never ever conceal carry them. These products are purely too large. You could absolutely not hide these revolvers under anything less than a larger bulky winter coat. It's almost never that chilly over here in Texas. Maybe after you have experience with a concealed carry pistol you will desire to eventually move to the larger 8 bullet .357 Magnum, but clearly not for your first concealed carry gun.

In my estimation, semi-automatic guns just make more appropriate concealed carry guns. Let's get trustworthiness out of the way. If you are spending a minimum of $400 of $500 on a semi-automatic pistol you're going to be choosing a semi-automatic that is just as reliable as any revolver. If you are acquiring a Glock, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Springfield Armory, Colt, Baretta in this cost, then you are going to get excellence. You are obtaining a weapon that fires when you pull the trigger. That's the kind of precision you will have to be aiming for. If you choose a $300 Taurus as your first concealed handgun...maybe you are compromising level of quality for cost. Not a good idea. If the firearm doesn't shoot when you need it, then it's not worth a single cent in terms of life dependability.

I posses a Glock 19. I paid $530 for it. It's a semi-automatic pistol and IT WORKS EVERYTIME I PULL THE TRIGGER. I have no reliability doubts with it. I pull the trigger and it fires...every time. But, and this is a BIG but, my Glock 19 carries 15 in the magazine and one in the chamber. That's sixteen rounds of joy. That's 2 times as much as the biggest revolver you can possibly conceal in a spacious heavy winter coat. That's where semi-automatic guns really sparkle anytime compared to revolvers. Don't dismiss that I could easily wear a magazine pouch and conceal two 15 bullet magazines on my person for easy emergency magazine change and 30 extra bullets should the need pop up (can you say active shooter...it happens).

The only position where a revolver can possibly outshine a semi-automatic for concealed carry is trustworthiness, and if you stay to my minimum cost point of $400 to $500, you will not have to be concerned about that. There are plenty of choices with semi-automatic pistols that carry more rounds and are considerably easier to conceal.

by: Dustin
Go For An Icbc Autoplan For Complete Peace Of Mind Common Auto Repair Prevention For Car Owners What Is A Motor Controller How To Receive Quality Auto Service In Everett Hire Auto Glass Replacement Services In Las Vegas To Fix The Cracks In Your Windshield How To Find An Auto Service Company For Your Vehicle In Las Vegas Selecting Auto Glass Repair Versus. Alternative In San Antonio Motor Controllers Get Quick Quotes From Icicilombard.com For Your Car Insurance Needs Tu Baja Autoestima De Echo Puede Afectar Tus Relaciones Saiba Mais Sobre Concessionria Vw Com Diauto Points You Must Think About When Looking For An Auto Repair Columbia Sc Service Provider Automotive Rubber Components And Silicone Rubber Manufacturers In India
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.197.114.92) / Processed in 0.012188 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 3131, 952,