Insurances.net
insurances.net » Accident Insurance » Road Accident Claims Involving Uninsured Drivers
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Road Accident Claims Involving Uninsured Drivers

Road Accident Claims Involving Uninsured Drivers

According to the Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland (Acpos)

, uninsured drivers are responsible for around 160 fatalities and 23,000 injuries every year in the UK, costing the taxpayer some 500 million. These shocking statistics not only highlight what a danger uninsured drivers are to our roads, but also reveal just how much of a financial burden they impose on other road users.

If you have been one of people unfortunate enough to have been injured by an uninsured driver, you will understandably be feeling angry and upset about the damage you have been caused. You may also have concerns that you will not be able to make a claim as you would in after an 'ordinary' road traffic accident. However, you need not worry: if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you will be perfectly entitled to claim compensation for the pain, suffering and vehicle damage you have sustained.

Claiming against an uninsured driver.

Nevertheless, the process of claiming against an uninsured driver does differ slightly to that of other road accident claims. This is because you will not be able to take your claim directly to the other driver's insurance company; instead, you must take your claim through the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB).Road Accident Claims Involving Uninsured Drivers

The MIB was established in 1946 to ensure those injured by uninsured and untraced drivers were able to recover the compensation they were legally entitled to. The uninsured driver's agreement therefore guarantees that even if you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, you can make a claim.

If you find yourself in this position, you should try to take as many details as possible at the time of the accident. For example, the other driver's name, registration number, contact number and details of any witnesses. Once you have sought medical attention, be sure to report to accident to your insurance company. If the other driver is found not to have a valid insurance policy, you should also inform the police, as it is a criminal offence to drive without insurance.

If the accident was not your fault and you have suffered personal injury, you should not delay in contacting a solicitor who is able to deal with uninsured driver claims. A legal expert will be able to suggest whether or not you are in a position to make a claim. If you are, they will be able to manage the process for you, submitting a claim to the MIB on your behalf and working to obtain the compensation you deserve.

Personal injury lawyers.

Anyone who is injured by an uninsured driver needs expert legal assistance from a personal injury lawyer.

by: Richard Godden
# 2 I recently tried cbd gummies sleep for the first time and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my desire and doze issues without any unconcealed side effects. The oil was easy to put to use, with definite dosage instructions. It had a kindly, shameless taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a patent upgrading in my blanket well-being, hunch more languorous and rested. I know the unstudied approach to wellness CBD offers and aim to pursue using it.   2024-2-20 16:18  reply
The Efficiency Level Of Auto Accident Attorneys - Saying Yes To The Best! Cell Phones- Leading Cause Of Road Accidents by:Dev Kon Accident Claim Solicitor - What Does My Auto Accident Consultant Need From Me? Car Accident Injury Claims - 2 Of The Most Frequent Car Wreck Injuries What To Do If Injured In An Accident As A Child But You Did Not Make A Claim For The Whiplash Injury What To Expect From Insurance Companies When It Comes To Accidents? Finding The Most Beneficial Accident Sickness Insurance For You Personal Accident: A Must For Everyone Accident Injurys Need To Be Discussed With An Auto Accident Injury Attorney Car Accident Attorney: When To Hire One Best Rancho Mirage Romantic Places and Places for Romance by Rancho Mirage Truck Accident Lawyer Sebastian Gibson Using The Services Of An Auto Accident Attorney In Los Angeles: Points You Ought To Know About 3 Bad Practices After An Automobile Accident
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.12.34.178) / Processed in 0.012767 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2742, 974,