Reduce Car Insurance Premium With No Claim BonusAsk any expert as to how to reduce car insurance premium, the advise is drive safely, avail NCB. No claim bonus or NCB is one of the major factors affecting car insurance premium. It is a discount that the vehicle owner gets if he doesnt make a claim the whole year. Percentage of bonus increases for every claim free year.
How is NCB Calculated
NCB can be availed for every claim free year of the vehicle. It is calculated on the own damage part of the insurance premium and not the third party insurance. Own damage (OD) premium forms a major component of comprehensive car insurance. One can get up to 50% discount on it.
For no claim during the previous year one gets 20% discount on OD, For no claim during two previous years discount is 25%, For no claim in three preceding years discount is 35%, for no claim during four previous years, discount is 35% and for four or more preceding claim free years, the discount is 50%.
Once a claim is made, the NCB becomes nil. The next premium is higher and the whole process of accumulating NCB will begin from zero. Some insurance companies offer an add-on cover to protect NCB
How to Avail NCB
The insurance company automatically includes the discount in the renewal notice. If the car insurance has lapsed and you renew it within the grace period of 90 days, you can still avail the NCB. If insurance is not renewed within the grace period, NCB lapses. There are certain things to take care if you are selling the car or changing the insurance company.
If you are changing the insurance company, make sure that you take the no-claim bonus certificate. Once you present it to the new insurance company, it will be implemented. It is important to take this proof as without this the discount cannot be availed.
No-claim bonus is offered to the person and cannot be transferred to the new owner if you are selling the car. Make sure that you get the no-claim bonus certificate from the insurance company before transferring the insurance. You can avail this benefit on your new car if you buy it within 3 years of selling the old car. The discount slab will remain the same as it was at the time of selling the old car.
Make the most of being a safe driver and avail the Bonus. It is the single most effective way of reducing car insurance premium.
- Subprime Auto Financing - 4 Useful Tips To Get Better Rates
- Post Bankruptcy Auto Loans Best Means To Qualify For A Car Loan After Bankruptcy
- How Car Insurance Quotes Can Save You Money
- Car Accessories Sites- Showing You Latest Development In The Auto Industry
- How Do You Find Auto Transport Rates That Fit Your Budget?
- The Top 4 Things That Affect Auto Insurance Rates
- Why Age Affects The Cost Of Auto Insurance
- Commercial Trucking Insurance: Cargo Protection Policies
- Insurers Of Saga Car Insurance
- Comment Acclrer Vos Dmarches Pour Trouver De L'assurance Automobile Ou Habitation Au Qubec