Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Pontoon Boat Fishing
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Pontoon Boat Fishing

Pontoon Boat Fishing

Pontoon Boat Fishing

Buy Esca Lures online at - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Innovative-Fishing-Tackle/

Pontoon boat fishing can be so much fun. I call it "my living room on the water". You have couches, easy chairs, chairs with backs on them so you can lean back with comfort, a grill if needed, porta potty, swim platform and ladder for when it gets too hot to fish and you want to cool off in the summer time, bimini top for shade, a sink, plus a cooler for all the necessary beverages and food. All the comforts of home right on the water.

As for fishing, there is plenty of room for everyone to fish comfortably. We have a 24' long pontoon boat so someone can fish in the back or stern, and one in the front or bow, and two on the sides. Everyone can fish at the same time in comfort standing up or sitting down.Pontoon Boat Fishing

We had many good times catching panfish, northern pike, Walleye and largemouth bass to name a few. Someone would toss a bobber or floats rigged with live bait of some choosing such as a worm or a minnow and just relax until you get a bite. Others would cast a spinner bait or any other kind of artificial lure hoping to entice a northern pike or largemouth bass or anything else that might be lurking in the lake.

If the wind is just right and not too strong, drifting is a great way to pontoon boat fish. However if the wind is too strong a pontoon boat will drift very fast. It acts a like a sailboat because it sits up high out of the water plus if you have the bimini top up it will catch the wind like a sail.

Pontoon boat fishing can be very safe for kids because the sides are higher than most fishing boats. Plus a pontoon boat with good size pontoons can be pretty stable. If there are water skiers around you while you are fishing they will create quite a wake and make any boat unstable just like any other boat. We try to point the boat into the waves when this occurs. When the lake gets busier, we look for more secluded areas of the lake such as bays or river inlets to anchor in. Then we fish near some lily pads or weed beds and take it easy. Sometimes, this just might be where you will find some panfish away from busy part of the lake.

We still get together and enjoy some fishing fun and go swimming in the summer from our pontoon boat. This pontoon boat has provided numerous times out on the water, fishing for panfish and enjoying the family and our friends.

Pontoon boat fishing with the kids was always fun when they were younger. Actually it still is fun now that they are adults. Now they can bait their own hook!

Go to my web page for more crappie fishing secrets and techniques.

Fishing From a Boat Is Fun

Fishing is a sport that can be done cheaply by people who do not have a big budget. Really, someone who has never fished before can outfit himself completely for less than one hundred dollars. Now, this may seem like a large about at first, but considering that this initial outlay of cash will keep this fisherman set for quite a few years, it suddenly does not seem so bad. You do not have to stop there with fishing, however. You can spend as much money as you like. You can even make the largest investment there is in fishing: a boat.

Sure, it is cheap to fish from a pier or from the shore, and you can do very well fishing this way. Nevertheless, you are severely limited. You can only move laterally along the shoreline in hopes of finding the fish. However, once you have a boat, you can go practically anywhere the fish can go. This means no more sitting on the shoreline hoping the fish come within casting distance.

When you are going to purchase a boat, you will want to make note of a few details. Since you will primarily be fishing with it, you will want to be sure that it has a live well. Also, make sure it has plenty of storage capacity for your rods and fishing tackle. When you buy your boat, it is always a good idea to get a trolling motor with it. This will enable you to move the boat around with precision in small spaces.

Fishing Lures - Why It's So Important To Choose Quality Lures

Fishing has to be the ultimate accessory sport, doesn't it? I mean, look around at any major tackle outlet or read any popular fishing magazine and just look at the range of gadgets, gizmos and thingummybobs on the market, all vying for your limited fishing budget. It's crazy! But the thing that always amazes me is how few anglers stop to think about THE most important pieces of tackle in those big, cluttered, jam packed stores - FISHING LURES!

Your fishing lures are THE most important tackle you own.

Why? Lets imagine for a moment that you've just purchase the best lure fishing rod on the market and you've coupled it with a state of the art, high end reel loaded with expensive gel spun line. Now let's imagine you are standing on the bow of your late model, fully rigged boat wearing your expensive Polaroid sunglasses and nudging the boat into some likely water using the remote control on your electric trolling motor. Perfect, right? Now, what's tied to the end of your line? I've lost count of the number of times I've seen similar scenarios, and the lure at the end of the line is a $5 bargain basement special that was picked up from the clearance bin at the local department store. What a waste! Think about this:

It doesn't matter how good your rod is, how sensitive the tip, how well it casts or how much grunt it has during the fight. If you are casting rubbish lures you'll be catching less fish than you should be.

You can have the best reel with the silkiest drag and the strongest, thinnest line on the market. If you're casting lures that aren't effective you're missing out on lots of fish, simple as that

You can have a state of the art boat and use it to get yourself into some outstanding fishing locations. But all of that is a waste of money if the fish are going to reject your lure, or worse, if the lure is made of cheap materials and won't stand up to tough fish.

Get the picture? The lure is what the fish sees. The lure is the critical link between all of your high tech gear and the fish. If the lure doesn't work properly then you've wasted your money on all that other stuff. Cheap lures are the most expensive...... What do I mean by this? Put simply, poor quality fishing lures cost you money and fish and leave you disappointed. If you're a serious fisherman you have probably not only bought great rods, reels and other tackle, but you use them regularly. This means you're also spending money on some of the following: fuel, accommodation, fishing licences, food, fishing clothing etc. You may also be paying for boat hire or a guide, or you have your own boat and pay for registration, maintenance and repairs. Fishing is an expensive exercise! If you are paying for all of this already, how much sense does it make to tie any old cheapie lure onto your line when that lure will cost you fish? Don't get me wrong, sometimes you'll find some really good lures in those specials bins - but you need to learn to recognise good lures and/or stick to brands you can trust that may be on special.

Don't make this mistake! We tend to fish for some pretty tough fish in some pretty formidable, snaggy habitat. I often hear people say "I'll grab a few of these cheapies to toss in the snags. That way I won't cry when I lose one". Of course, those cheapies tend to be ineffective and just don't hook fish. Or, more commonly, they are poorly built with cheap, lightweight hooks and rings. By the time you fit them with new hooks and rings they are not cheap lures anymore! It's ironic, but you really need to throw your best, toughest lures into really tough snags to have any real chance of extracting tough fish from heavy cover.

What's the answer? In my view, there are 3 options:

Buy good quality lures. Good brands made with solid components. Learn to recognise quality lures - if you start by buying good brands and then purchase a few cheapies you'll soon start to see the differences. If you need to keep the costs down, I'd recommend looking at online options for buying your lures. I love to support tackle shop owners, I do. But if you lose a lot of lures you need to be able to afford to keep fishing and you can buy some really good stuff online for much less. Pontoon Boat Fishing

Buy custom fishing lures. These are not cheap and there's no real avoiding that. But think back to how much your cheap lures are actually costing you. You are better to have a dozen really good quality, functional lures in your box than a hundred poor quality ones.

Make your own wooden lures. This is my favourite option, of course. It enables me to control the quality of the lures I use and to design lures specifically to catch fish under particular conditions. It also makes it very cheap to own a whole lot of very high quality lures - less than $1 each for most freshwater lures.

So there you have it. I hope you this article helped you to clarify your thinking and that you now see the value in having really good quality lures. Leave the cheap, nasty lures for the masses and start being selective about what you tie on your line. You'll find that quality lures are much better value!

My First Inflatable Pontoon Boat Fishing Adventure What Do You Use Your Boat For? Plywood Boat Plans The World Standard - A Small Tip! Wooden Boat Building Materials? - Here is Your Chance! How To Make A Model Boat That Floats - Is it that Easy? Float Your Own Boat Buying Longboat Key Real Estate Diy Paddle Boat - I Found it! A List of Safety Tips You Need to Remember While Going Out for Boating Some Guidelines about Boat Maintenance You Need to Know Few Basic Boating Knots That Everyone Should Know Phuket Speed Boat Charter The Best Way To Explore Islands At Phuket A boat adventure in Cyprus
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.90.227.42) / Processed in 0.018129 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 58 , 9766, 977,
Pontoon Boat Fishing