Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » My First Inflatable Pontoon Boat Fishing Adventure
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My First Inflatable Pontoon Boat Fishing Adventure

Buy Esca Lures online at - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Innovative-Fishing-Tackle/

So I was browsing through the internet one day when I saw a picture of an inflatable pontoon boat that had these two chairs that swivel and I thought to myself, now that would be great to have for fishing! Not only did it have swivel seats, but it also came with oar locks, fishing rod holders and a motormount for gas or electric trolling motors. And the best part was, I didn't have to break the bank to get one! Man, was I excited!

Needless to say, I placed my order right then and there and I didn't even tell my wife about it until a week later when this big box was delivered to our house and I had to explain that it contained my dream-come-true. She being the great woman that she is, understood immediately.My First Inflatable Pontoon Boat Fishing Adventure

I called my closest buddy, Jerry to give him the good news and see how soon we could go fishing. Turns out, he happened to have Friday off that week so we arranged to head out early Friday morning and go up to Miller's Pond where the cutthroat and rainbow trout and blue gill were plentiful.

The beauty of my new inflatable pontoon boat was that the whole thing folded up neatly in a carrying bag and fit perfectly in the bed of my truck. When we pulled it out and carried it to the edge of the pond, we had it completely unfolded and inflated in less than ten minutes! Amazing!

I let Jerry sit in front while I shoved us off. I loved how easy and comfortable it was to row. In no time, we reached our favorite fishing hole. Jerry was the first to cast his line out with his homemade artificial lure. He knew exactly which lure to tie on because he was a natural-born fisherman and had the instincts of his ancestors to guide him.

It couldn't have been more than five minutes passed after Jerry threw his line in, when he got a hit. Dang, he's good! He shot up out of his seat and started reeling it in. I grabbed the net, anticipating a hefty blue gill or rainbow trout on the other end, and leaned over the side. I must have leaned too far, though, because I lost my balance and I fell head first into Miller's Pond! While I'm treading water, Jerry's pulling out a 10-pound largemouth bass! Later, it turns out, Jerry had broken the record for the largest catch at Miller's Pond in over 20 years.

After his big catch and my accidental plunge into the pond, I was able to easily pull myself back into the boat. Unfortunately, we didn't bring any towels on this trip and since the temperature was a bit on the cool side, we decided to pack up and head for home. When we got to shore, my new boat deflated in just a few minutes and quickly folded up so we could stash it in the truck and hit the road.

That evening while I was huddled in front of our fireplace, my wife brought me some hot soup and asked me if I was still happy that I bought my boat. I looked at her and said, "What are you doing next weekend?"

Trolling Lures and Towing Your Boat Makes for a Memorable Fishing Trip

No matter how often a fishing trip is taken, towing a boat down to the docks is an action that is looked at with trepidation. Bringing an expensive boat to where you are sailing off is a challenge to an ordinary driver, but taking a great fishing trip would be a good enough excuse to learn how to do so carefully and safely. First of all, check out your 4WD vehicle. Make sure that it's fully gassed up and all the tires are filled up properly. It's hard enough pulling into a gas station with a big vehicle; it would be impossible with a trailer and boat hitched up to it.

Check out the tires as well. It wouldn't do to get a flat on either the vehicle or the trailer after you've hitched it up. Changing the tire on a fully loaded trailer or a hitched vehicle is enough to put the damper on any trip. Make sure that the trailer itself is balanced. Position the boat carefully so it won't tip over or backwards and the center of gravity is low. Also check that the boat itself is balanced, with fuel and water tanks both equally filled so you don't have too much trouble maneuvering the trailer.

Double check the boat to see if it's secured well, in a minimum of two places. Use ratchet straps to make the ties secure. Check that the trailer's connections are secure and that all the chains are attached. Make use of the surge brake on the trailer, and be sure that the reservoir is filled with brake fluid. Once you're out and driving, make use of all the mirrors and be sure the two sides of the trailer are clear. Give an allowance when braking and don't make abrupt steering movements. Once you get to the port, take extra care when positioning the trailer when readying the boat for launch. Have a person guiding you when you are doing this. When the boat is in the water, load on all your gear, fire up the trollling lures, set the bait, and get yourself ready to catch some fish.

Inflatable Pontoon Style Fishing Boats

Tackle and Lures - Information for the Fisherman

I live in Southern Idaho and I'm lucky to have a good selection of fishable lakes, reservoirs, streams and rivers within an hour drive of my home. I'm a veterinarian by trade, and during my days off, you can often find me fishing for trout and trying out new trout fishing lures. I'm like every other avid fisherman trying to find that trout fishing bait or piece of fishing equipment that outperforms other items I have tried.

I tend to fish alone on my days off, and I prefer fishing using a pontoon style boat over a fishing tube. My fishing tube works great in small protected bays when I feel like mainly fly fishing. I have my best success when I utilize my inflatable fishing boat with an electric motor. These one man boats allow you to avoid competition from larger fishing boats and let you follow schools of fish once you find them. I have equipped my boat with a small fish finder, and this set up really comes in handy for locating good fishing spots.

The inflatable fishing boat that I use is frameless, and folds up into a small carry bag. I drive a 1993 JEEP Wrangler that has very little room for bulky items, and this boat fits easily in my rig with room for the other tackle that I need. I used to have an inflatable pontoon boat with a frame, but ended up having to pull a utility trailer in order to haul this more bulky boat.

The other nice thing about the Sea Eagle pontoon boat that I use is its ease of setup. It only takes me about 5 minutes total time to be ready to go out on the water. This boat is puncture proof and weighs about 40 pounds.My First Inflatable Pontoon Boat Fishing Adventure

The biggest drawback to these inflatable fishing boats is controlling them under windy conditions. In fact, if a wind starts blowing I get off the water! They do sit fairly high in the water, and the small electric motor I use is no match for a stiff breeze. I've personally been blown clear across the reservoir I frequent the most, and had to walk or beg a ride back around to the other side when the wind didn't let up. A second drawback is if you enjoy fishing with a friend. These are one man rigs, and your buddy will need his own!

Other than the wind issue, these types of boats are excellent for trolling with trout fishing lures, or anchoring and dropping trout fishing bait to the bottom. They also work well on small rivers when you feel like drift fishing. The Sea Eagle boat that I own can currently be purchased with most of the bells and whistles for under $900 including the trolling motor. When compared to the cost of a full sized boat and trailer, they are a bargain.

I hope this gives you an insight about pontoon type inflatable fishing boats. They really are a fisherman's best weapon!

What Do You Use Your Boat For? Plywood Boat Plans The World Standard - A Small Tip! Wooden Boat Building Materials? - Here is Your Chance! How To Make A Model Boat That Floats - Is it that Easy? Float Your Own Boat Buying Longboat Key Real Estate Diy Paddle Boat - I Found it! A List of Safety Tips You Need to Remember While Going Out for Boating Some Guidelines about Boat Maintenance You Need to Know Few Basic Boating Knots That Everyone Should Know Phuket Speed Boat Charter The Best Way To Explore Islands At Phuket A boat adventure in Cyprus Where to buy a Deck Boat
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.140.108) New York / New York City Processed in 0.016445 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 48 , 8206, 977,
My First Inflatable Pontoon Boat Fishing Adventure New York City