Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Learning How to Train a Yorkshire Terrier
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Learning How to Train a Yorkshire Terrier

Over the past few years I have owned a few different Yorkshire Terriers

. Two males and three females so I have learnt a few tips from owning them and teaching them how to be great Yorkshire Terriers. Although trying at times, it has all been worth the effort. Once you see them do as you ask, your heart will sink and will give you the confidence and motivation to keep schooling them. Your Yorkie loves to please you and by training them to do even little things, they will be happier for it.

Here are five tips that will help when learning how to train a Yorkshire Terrier:

Same Time, Same Place

Attention PleaseLearning How to Train a Yorkshire Terrier

Sweet Rewards

One Word Only

Talk to Me

Practice makes perfect when learning how to drive a car, how to play an instrument and even how to train a Yorkshire Terrier. So carving out a specific time each day and scheduling your training session with your pet is crucial to being successful. Because your Yorkie really wants to play and at the same time has a short memory span, keeping the same time allotted each day will let them know that you mean business and the time is for a purpose.

Time when learning how to train a Yorkshire Terrier is important, but scheduling the time when they have your undivided attention and you have their undivided is vital. Once you decide on a time, then you must pick a place that is quiet and free from distraction. This means no loud outside noises, no phone calls, no visitors, no other pets; nothing that will disturb the session. Your pet needs to stay focused on you and your voice only.

We all love rewards for a job well done and your Yorkie is no exception. In learning how to train a Yorkshire Terrier, keeping a pocket full of treats as rewards when your pet performs correctly is key to getting to remember what they are learning. Keep the treats very small; just big enough to know they are getting something and looking forward to the next. And don't forget to praise them while giving them the treat.

I know most of us like to talk. I know I like to explain things to someone to the fullest so they understand, but dogs think, listen and respond differently. Too many words and they get confused. So this is when to use the KISS (keep it simple sweetie) method when learning how to train your Yorkshire Terrier. If you want your pooch to sit, then say "sit" and not sit down, or sit here.

If you want to teach how to lay down, then use "lay." If you want to teach them to rollover, then you might use "roll" or "over," but not both. I think you get the idea, right?

While applying these tips in how to train your Yorkshire Terrier, you must remember to speak firmly

but kindly. Always reward for good behavior of getting the command right, but never scold for not"getting it." This will only baffle them. Stay calm, speak firmly, but kindly and have patience.

By applying these five tips in learning how to train your Yorkshire Terrier and being consistent and having patience, your beloved pet will quickly be sitting, laying, jumping, rolling, and fetching in no time.

When you take the time to learn how to train your Yorkshire Terrier, you are giving your best friend the greatest gift of all; love.

By: Laura Miller
How To Market Your Pet Insurance Business Reasons Why You Should Invest in Dordogne Property Time To Compete - Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept Watch Caring For a Senior Dog Dog Grooming Pet Supplier Pet Nail Grinder How To Choose The Right Nail Grinder For Your Pet The Yorkshire Terrier: A Mighty Spirit In A Tiny Package Himfr.com Reports Animal Products Favored By Consumers In The Spring Pet Insurance Conquiste clientes encontrando a sua vantagem competitiva Proactol Clinically Proven Organic Appetite Suppressant Water Purification Sanitizer - Added Insurance Against Harmful Contaminants
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.234.136.147) / Processed in 0.013358 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 3394, 969,