Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Kids Devotions: The Heal Grabber
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Kids Devotions: The Heal Grabber

Scripture: Jacob - Genesis 32

As a youth, you probably remember the story of Jacob's ladder many times.

Jacob was sneaky. Deceitful. Conniving. Crafty. Dishonest. Selfish. His name means "Heel Grabber." He came out of the womb wanting that which did not belong to him, holding onto his brother Esau" heel.

Esau was rough and tough. An outdoorsman. A hunter. The "woodsy" type. His name meant "Red" and "Hairy." Genesis 25:25 - "His whole body was like a hairy garment." Sexy, Huh? The guy was a human Orangutan.

So you had "Big Red", Esau the Ape Man and in contrast, Jacob was a spoiled smooth-skinned "mamma's boy" who ran around hanging onto mom's coat tails all the time. He was a "wimp." I'll bet he was a "tattle-tale" too! I can just hear him: "Mom, Esau hit me!" "Mom, Esau snuck some candy out of the pantry before dinner." "Mom, Esau called me a dirty name." "Mom, Esau shot the neighbor's cat with his bow and arrow."

One day, Jacob deceived his blind father (with his mother's help). They covered his smooth body with goatskins so he felt (and "smelt") like his hairy brother and he stole Esau's birthright and blessing. Made "Big Red" so mad that he vowed to kill Jacob as soon as his father died. Jacob had to run for his life and the momma's boy never saw his mother again.

But later he would wrestle with God and walk away not only with his name changed to Israel, but also his character changed. The heel grabber grabbed for God instead.

From a Sermon by Wayde Wilson

What changes have taken place in your own life through an encounter with God?

In what ways has your character changed since you became a Christian?

What things are still being worked on by God in your life?

by: KenSapp
Jim Corbett National Park: Hub Of Ecotourism And Adventure About Port Blair, Holiday Packages India Should Renters Insurance Be A Priority Europe America Elegant Fashion Double-breasted Bow Stitching Dress Get The Best Cash For Gold Tips From The Inside! Get Access To Online News About Ipl 2012 Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Review Hotel Booking For International Trips Eyelash Growth For Unmatched Beauty by:Rebecca Jones Learning Mandarin Versus Learning French Or German Pamper Your Skin With Inglot Beauty Products Trade Unions Participating "gray Economy Black Future" Campaign Varied Insurance Policies
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.238.228.191) Shandong / Jining Processed in 0.011298 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 1852, 975,
Kids Devotions: The Heal Grabber Jining