Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » Is ADHD Treatment Without Medication Possible? Some Of The Issues To Consider
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Is ADHD Treatment Without Medication Possible? Some Of The Issues To Consider

Is ADHD Treatment Without Medication Possible

? Some Of The Issues To Consider

I was really shocked to find that when I did a search on Google for 'Ritalin deaths', there were 7,500 results! That was when I really thought enough was enough and it was really time to consider less drastic alternatives. Then I started wondering about whether ADHD treatment without medication was really possible. Hence this article.

I was fascinated to read about the University of Buffalo's Summer Treatment Program For ADHD Children, led by the world ADHD expert Dr. William Pelham. This treats children with ADHD by means of an intensive behavioral program, regardless of whether they are on medication or not.

The results have been remarkable and the program is now repeated in many US cities such as Cleveland, Birmingham and New York. The program consists of teaching social skills, coping and organizational skills and also learning skills. This is all done through playing and recreation and classroom activities. The children always have a great time as they enjoy all the activities.

But what about the results? Was ADHD treatment without medication really possible? The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) actually surveyed the kids on the program. They found that when they had been given the behavioral therapy before being medicated, they needed much less medication. For those kids already on medication, the doses are reduced by half when on the program and sometimes the children do not need the medication at all and can easily do without it!

The other amazing results from this experiment showed that those on much less medication did not show some of the side effects such as stunted growth and/or loss of appetite. They also found that children who were treated with just the ADHD drugs and without any of the behavior therapy, actually grew by one centimetre less every year. They also found that children on behavior modification just did not have any of these problems at all.

The most interesting statistic for me comes from the fact that 66% of those kids who did this training had no need of medication at all after two years. The effects were thus permanent and were really giving them the life skills they needed.

So ADHD treatment without medication or with very little is really possible it seems, after looking at these results. There are other types of medication which have no side effects and long term health risks and they are a perfect combination with child behavior modification programs.

Now that you have read this far, why not take it a step further and check out my website.
The Best Alcohol Treatment Centers In Maryland How to fully detox your liver Shin Splints Treatment Runners World Some Hot Cold Sore Treatment That Works Well Some Hot Cold Sore Treatment That Works Gynecomastia treatment What Causes Dark Circles Under the Eyes and the Treatment Cancer, is there a cure? Best Wrinkle Treatment-Tighten Skin,Reduce Lines Gout Pain Treatment Reducing Fine Lines With Anti Wrinkle Treatment Breast Cancer Signs - One Cancer Patient's Story of Success With the Three A's of Healing Ed Disorder And Clinical Treatment
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.212.145) / Processed in 0.010934 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2703, 301,
Is ADHD Treatment Without Medication Possible? Some Of The Issues To Consider