Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » If I Lose My Licence I Will Lose My Job! What Can I Do?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

If I Lose My Licence I Will Lose My Job! What Can I Do?

If I Lose My Licence I Will Lose My Job! What Can I Do?

If you have received 12 penalty points on your driver's licence within a three

year period - for one or more type of driving offences, you will face an immediate ban from driving for a minimum of 6 months. However, the court has discretion to impose a longer ban if this seems fitting bearing in mind the circumstances of your offences and subsequent conviction. It would be up to the Judge on the day of the hearing as to what length of ban to impose.

Losing your licence can have a huge effect on all aspects of your life and, it is true to say that, for many people (especially those who drive for a living) losing their licence could also mean losing their job and therefore their income. So is there anything you can do when faced with losing your licence to persuade the court that you should keep your licence?

The only defence available would be to show that you would suffer 'exceptional hardship' if you were to lose your licence. Whilst there is no legal definition of 'exceptional hardship' it is thought to be hardship that goes beyond what would normally be suffered. Therefore, to simply argue that you will lose your job if your licence is taken away will not amount to a successful defence. The court will argue that you should have been well aware of the risk of losing your licence (and therefore losing your job) when you were totting up the penalty points on your licence.

To have a chance at being successful is pursuing an 'exceptional hardship' defence, you need to be able to illustrate that you, and more importantly, people around you will suffer beyond what would normally be suffered. For example, if your child or an elderly relative relies on you, and you alone, to take them to important hospital appointment for treatments or consultation, you may be able to successfully argue that you would suffer exceptional hardship if a driving ban were to be imposed. Similarly, if you can show that losing your licence will not only lead to you losing your job but that in turn that would lead to you being unable to keep up the mortgage payments on your property (meaning your family would have to vacate the property), this may also meets the requirements of sustaining 'exceptional hardship'. If I Lose My Licence I Will Lose My Job! What Can I Do?

The courts take driving offences extremely seriously and if you are facing a driving ban you cannot expect to easily defend your actions. It is important that you seek advice immediately from an expert motor offence lawyer who will be able to advise you on your defence.

Copyright (c) 2012 Robert Gray

by: Robert Gray
# 2 I recently tried thc and cbd gummies as a replacement for the blue ribbon time and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my dread and slumber issues without any notable side effects. The fuel was unoppressive to speak, with legible dosage instructions. It had a kindly, vulgar grain that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked increase in my blanket well-being, hunch more blas‚ and rested. I appreciate the unstudied approximate to wellness CBD offers and plan to go on using it.   2024-2-20 12:47  reply
Part-time Freelancing While Keeping Your Day Job How To Multiply Your Openings Of Landing A Job Through A Free Job Alert Human Resources MBA Professional – Responsible For the Welfare Of the Employees How to land with the right job The Value Of A Nurse's Job Getting Rid Of Carpenter Bees Can Be A Tough Job! Six Reasons To Reveal Why Some People Could Not Find A Good Job 5 Daily Habits Every Job Applicant Ought To Be Doing Are Happy Employees Motivated Employees ? by:Robert J Selden Top Five Tips For Successful Tesol Job Placements The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Quit Your Day Job What do Employees Wish for Most (And How To Get It) by:Karen Fritscher-Porter Job Of A Trainer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.81.222.152) / Processed in 0.010688 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2650, 968,