Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » If I Am On Workers Comp, Should I Wait To Apply For Social Security Disability Insurance?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

If I Am On Workers Comp, Should I Wait To Apply For Social Security Disability Insurance?

If I Am On Workers Comp, Should I Wait To Apply For Social Security Disability Insurance?

If you are on workers comp and are thinking about filing for social security disability

, there are definitely circumstances in which you should not apply for social security at a particular time.

It all depends, of course, on the facts of your workers comp case, where you are in your case (both medically and financially), etc. In any event, if you are on workers comp benefits and are thinking of applying for social security disability, you need to first consult with an attorney. This is because there are advantages and disadvantages of filing for Social Security Disability at a particular time in your case, and only an experienced attorney help you understand these pros and cons.

Again, the impact of filing for disability, even just filing (whether you qualify or not), can slow down the process of your Workers Compensation settlement. If thats what your priority is, you must immediately talk to an attorney before you file. The last thing you need is a slow down of your case because of doing something that was a bad idea in the first place.

On the other hand, some folks absolutely want to file for Social Security Disability and have their Medicare set aside, set up for them, because they are very concerned about what medical coverage they might have in the future should they settle their Workers Compensation claim and close out the case. So I sympathize with you and hope that you can always find the best route for your circumstances.

Again, depending upon the facts of your case and where you are in the process, both from a medical standpoint and a financial standpoint, its very important that you speak with your attorney first.

by: Jonathan Ginsberg
Business Insurance Hints and Tips The 5 Most Common Mistakes People Make When Purchasing Business Insurance Commercial Business Insurance - It's Your Responsibility Do You Really Need Commercial Business Insurance? Best Motorcycle Insurance Tips To Protect Your Interests Key person insurance - The things you must know regarding key person insurance Crane Insurance Best Way To Obtain Commercial Truck Insurance Hipaa Violations On Insurance Plans Why Commercial Truck Insurance is So Important? Get Semi Truck Insurance Tips For Better Coverage Options! Small business insurance policy - Why and how to pick small business insurance policy? Wedding Insurance And Decorating Your Wedding Venue in Style
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.81.139.99) / Processed in 0.011407 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 1740, 975,