How Does Adwords Work
In Adwords, you are permitted one line for the headline, not to exceed twenty-five characters, and two lines for copy, not to exceed thirty-five characters. That is all! This takes into account spaces that count as a character. To many, short means simple, correct? No true! A writer will tell you that it's much harder to write short content compared to wordier, long content. In short content, every word must make a strong impact. This compact writing will create better search and traffic results.
Google Adwords space has little room for garbage. A well-written Google Adwords ad is approved faster by Google. Plus, Google ads that are written with purpose have better click-through rates and better responsive visitors. Astonishing how 3 lines of about 70 characters has such power!
Snug Adwords request the reader to carry out an action. Also, optimized keywords and phrases in an Adword serve other purposes. When you know why you picked certain keywords, you can anticipate the best results.
Fantastic copy for a Google Adword won't happen in a snap.
Ten tips to make it happen are offered below:
1. Use the inverted triangle method of writing to brainstorm copy. Start with what you most want your visitors to grasp. Put that into in copy that holds meaning for your target audience in a language that is understood by them. Use the following tips to trim your copy.
2. Copy moves the reader to click-through. Use power words, benefit or attention-grabber. Start with two columns. In the first column, list a feature. Then, in the next column, list a benefit of the feature.
3. Put only truth into attention-grabbers. Don't say its "free" if a catch is involved. Follow Google guidelines carefully
4. State your point right away. The Internet will bring customers who want what you offer directly to you. The best headlines stand out because they say exactly what the customer wants.
5. Split-test the power of keywords on Google Search results. Also, test your versions and make changes to ads that perform poorly. A one-word change can pick up your click-through ratio immensely. Very poorly performing ads will be dropped by Google.
6. Square brackets around keywords and customizing headlines are some programming tricks for an Adwords. Any keyword matches from a search will be highlighted in the Google ad if you bracket the keyword. A dynamic headline is customized to change according to searches. For instance, by using "Keyword:" in brackets in the headline followed by difference search terms, those terms will be displayed as the headline. An example is [Keyword: Writing Effective Google Adwords].
7. Cut out unnecessary words like a, an, in, on, it, of, etc.
8. Boast what makes you stand out or unique. Can you offer something for a percentage less or better than competitors?
9. Get rid of freebie seekers by putting the deals or discount at the end of the ad.
10. Call-to-action words contain energy and emotion. These power words and statements should fit your service or product. Common power words are enhance, discover and these.
Tight writing comes from identifying exactly what you want your customer to do with the information you provide. Not only will your click-through rate improve but also your self-monitored conversion ratio should improve when you make AdWords work in your favor.
by: Marius MekAbout the Author:Mesterweb My Norwegian SEO companyVerneombudskurs Norwegian HMS course.