Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Hot Stone Massage Alleviate Aches More Effectively
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hot Stone Massage Alleviate Aches More Effectively

We all know the healing powers of heat and the sun

. When we go to the beach, the hot sand feels great on our muscles and bones. There is a therapeutic way to get the benefit of this feeling, without all the sand. It feels even better. It isn't anything new! It's hot stone massage. I was a little cynical when I first heard about and was reluctant to try it. However, when I first had one, I was hooked.

The professional who will perform this is in a clinical environment with sanitary tools (stones). They are kept in boiling water to inhibit the growth of bacteria. The therapist will be trained and certified. He/she will use tools or gloves to remove the stones from the water when they are needed for a client and this keeps them sanitary.

The stones used for this are the ones used through the ages and the history of hot stone massage. They are smooth basalt stones. These retain heat very well and are believed to have energizing properties.

And while we're on the subject of hands and tools, a hot stone massage is much easier on the hands of the therapist. These stones are used to apply pressure, so the massage can be customized to suit individual needs. The sanitized hot stones are laid on each side of the spine. Heat is delivered to the body. Then, other parts of the body are rubbed with oil then with hot stones. I don't need much pressure applied as my muscles aren't so tight, but my husband prefers a lot of pressure. This relieves tension and helps promote blood flow.Hot Stone Massage Alleviate Aches More Effectively

Massage therapy became popular in the US in the 1800's and grew in popularity until the 1930's and 40's. The development of modern medicine discounted its benefits, and use dwindled. It made a re-appearance in the 1960's and 1970's when nurses began to use it to alleviate pain in patients. In the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta massage was deemed a core medical service, which gave it great credibility.

I love my massage therapist. Of all the 90,000 people in the United States who claim massage therapy as their part-time or full-time job, mine is the greatest. Like most, she is self-employed. A large percentage of these workers are of part-time and self-employed workers. Not all states in the United States require some sort of a license to practice massage therapy. See if your local massage therapist can perform a hot stone massage. If a state does not have any massage laws, then nothing is required and a practitioner need not apply for any sort of license with the state. Each state has its own regulations, but in generally, to train in the US where a license is required it involves 500-1000 hours in length, resulting in a certificate, diploma, or degree depending on the particular school.

by: Jasmine Beach
Therapeutic Massage Alleviate Muscle Spasms More Effectively Couples Massage: Alleviate Soreness Sooner While Spending Time Together Back Massage Alleviate Hurts More Effectively Massage Spa Alleviate Muscle Spasms Sooner Alleviate Soreness Faster With A Massage Manhattan Real Estate Mogul, Elie Hirschfeld, Alleviates Parking Woes With Www.park.com Chair Massage Alleviate Hurts More Effectively Couples Massage: Alleviate Aches Faster While Spending Time Together Hand Massage: Alleviate Hurts More Effectively Massage Spa Alleviate Muscle Spasms Sooner Foot Massage Alleviate Soreness Faster Back Massage: Alleviate Muscle Spasms Sooner Body Massage: Alleviate Aches More Effectively
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.230.35.103) / Processed in 0.013829 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2831, 960,