Insurances.net
insurances.net » Housing Insurance » Home Buying And Selling A Business Perspective
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Home Buying And Selling A Business Perspective

Home Buying And Selling  A Business Perspective

We always approach home ownership from a business perspective

. You know the old buy low, sell high.

And its OK to haggle over the price you pay, in spite of the TV shows that are trying to train us to always pay asking price and skip inspections.

Thats a fools game if I ever saw one.

Look for good value in real estate just as you would anything else.Home Buying And Selling  A Business Perspective

Of course its also your home, too.

We want to be comfortable and happy. So we have to have the security and insurance that we can sell a home for more than we have in it.

While our business is our primary investment, just like many self-employed people, we want our home to be a decent if not spectacular investment.

One of the real issues homeowners have when trying to resale their homes is what kind of furniture they have and how much of it.

With this in mind, its wise to purchase furniture with the possibility of resale in mind. If you have to move it will make staging your house for resale much easier.

Here are 10 rules for buying furniture that will save you money and make home staging easier.

1.Buy smaller. A sofa or love seat is much easier to stage in a conversational group with 2 chairs than a big sectional. Conversational groups should fit completely in a 12 foot square or less (so you dont need Mr. Microphone to talk).

2.Buy solid colors. Any solid color upholstery is easier to stage than any print, especially flowers. If you want flowers put them on throw pillows.

3.Avoid sets of furniture. Odd collections of furniture can create a more sophisticated, collected looking style called eclectic. This kind of collected furniture allows you to mix the old and interesting with the new and interesting. Its more fun. One of my favorite style mixes is primitive antiques and mid century modern furniture. The aesthetics work and are surprisingly compatible.

4.Always guard traffic patterns through rooms. People who are looking at houses need room to walk through the place.

5.Make sure you can stage a comfortable and attractive dining area. If your dining area is small you should not take up the room with a china cabinet. I staged many houses with a black lacquer buffet. It looked very elegant and sophisticated topped with 2 lamps and some fresh flowers. My dining table is a traditional cherry drop leaf table that seats as few as 4 or as many as 12. My black lacquer chairs have been reupholstered many times.

6.Avoid country furnishings. A country piece here and there is OK, but dont fill your house with this or any other style that might get too cute.

7.In bedrooms highlight the bed and make it beautiful and attractive. Its the star. If a bed is very large use a light colored bedspread. Other furniture may overcrowd the room. I normally stage even the master bedroom with the bed, 2 side tables and 2 lamps. If the room is large enough I make a sitting area for 2 people. Clothing belongs in closets. Dressers only work in very large bedrooms.

8.Skip the doodads and clutter. Less is more in this context. If you are a collector pack the stuff away before you start showing the house, especially if it is valuable. Did you hear about the woman who lost her engagement ring from her bedside table during an open house? Dont let something like this happen to you.

9.Dont line every wall and space with furniture. Furniture is for comfort and conviviality not filling every space. Overcrowding your house will make it seem smaller. Most buyers want all the room they can get. Let them see the square feet you have.

10.Remember to furnish your yard. If you have outside room make it work for you.

The best thing about furniture is that you can take it with you each time you move. I have enjoyed moving from place to place. In each home we got to take a fresh look at the things we had and make it new again. Its a lot of fun.

by: Paula
Four Homes For Sale Nightmare You Must Avoid And How To Avoid Them How To Purchase A Suitable Home Through Louisville Foreclosures? How To Buy A Bargain Home Through Denver Foreclosures? How To Make A Value Home Purchase Through Los Angeles Foreclosures? How To Make A Bargain Home Purchase Through Columbus Foreclosures? How To Make A Value Home Purchase Through Naples Foreclosures? Long Island Home Loan Modification Vs. Mortgage Refinance Michigan Repo Homes Personal Bankruptcy Further Complicating Home Buying Four Sure-fire Ways To Sell Miami Beach Luxury Homes The Problematic Home Inspector Buying A House: Go Or No Go? Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These: A Good Vacation Home Plan
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.108.241) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.013925 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 42 , 4028, 958,
Home Buying And Selling A Business Perspective Ann Arbor