Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » Hitting Life's Curveball, Or How to Handle Losing Your Job
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hitting Life's Curveball, Or How to Handle Losing Your Job

Life has a wicked curveball. You don't need me to tell you that. And you probably have little need for a lot of the cliches that always seem to come one's way when life takes an unfortunate turn. Cliches like, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going," or "when one door closes, another door opens," are like fungus that seem to grow everywhere.

Because the reality check is that another door may not open for you. And you may not be tough. So what happens when the going gets tough for you?

One of the best books I have read isSpencer Johnson's"Who Moved My Cheese?" For those unfamiliar with the book, a short recap. The store involves 2 little people and 2 mice. All 4 live in a maze and do so rather contently. Every day they get a supply of cheese to eat. But one day, there was no cheese.

The mice just set off to find the cheese. The little people did not. One refused to accept the change and held out to the bitter end, waiting for the cheese to return. The second person eventually left the first one in search of new cheese.Hitting Life's Curveball, Or How to Handle Losing Your Job

The book chronicles the lessons that the second person learns in the process of finding new cheese. His thoughts are then contrasted with the thoughts of the first person who would not accept that the cheese was not coming back.

The parable offers 3 options for dealing with the missing cheese. The mice, never taking for granted the source of food, simply went off in search of a new source. One person steadfastly refused to believe the cheese was really gone. The third option was to hold to status quo initially but eventually adapting and moving on.

The cheese can be a metaphor for anything. It can represent a loved one leaving, losing a job, or denied a promotion.

When a "catastrophic" change occurs, it can be easy to go into denial. It can be easier to act and assume that all will be alright and it will all go back to what it used to be. You can wait for the cheese to come back. Or you patiently wait for that other door to open, because when one closes, another opens, right?

But whether in denial or not, the question of "who moved my cheese" begs to be answered.

In search for the answer, one place to look may be before the question is even asked.

The mice never assumed the cheese would be there every morning. When they, along with the little people, saw no cheese that morning, they simply went in search of new cheese. That's a powerful paradigm. Our ancestors moved with the source of food. Over time, our paradigm change. Perhaps it is time to reboot our paradigm.

Advances in any industry can be breathtaking at times. It becomes imperative that you become a keen student of the game. Your knowledge and skills must evolve with your industry. When change happens, being on top of your game gives you greater flexibility to move on and adapt.

Whatever your thoughts on your current position, you must be valuable. Even if in the end, you are let go; having been valuable can pay tremendous dividends in goodwill and referrals.

It goes without saying that income is a huge concern when you lose your job. Therefore, address that issue before it becomes a problem. You should actively move to build your emergency fund. When the cheese disappears, you will be less apt to panic if you have your own source of cheese.

Waking on one morning and finding your cheese missing can be irritating. Waking up the next morning and not finding the cheese again can be almost traumatic. By the third day, realizing that the cheese is not coming back can be apocalyptic. Yet, by adapting the paradigm of our ancestors, you can overcome and find new cheese. Mostly it is a question of being prepared.

So, when the going gets tough, so what - you're prepared. When one door closes, another door - who cares, you've got the key.

By: Hyo
# 2 I recently tried cbd oil with thc for sale for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Initially skeptical, I initiate that it significantly helped with my dread and be in the land of nod issues without any remarkable side effects. The grease was unoppressive to use, with clear dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, vulgar taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a patent increase in my total well-being, ardour more languorous and rested. I cognizant the ingenuous technique to wellness CBD offers and procedure to pursue using it.   2024-2-20 03:52  reply
Tips For Getting A Perfect Job? Why Microjob.co Will Work For You I Hate My Job The Points To Consider Before Accepting Job Offers 5 Ways To Get The Job You Want International internships improve chance of getting job How Employers Can Hire The Right Person For The Job How Managers Can Help Retain Their Best Employees by:Susan Cullen "How can I quit my job" Improve The Performance Of Your Employees By Using Online Learning Resources And Leadership Training JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN NIGERIA Job For Civil Engineer Promising Brighter Future Choosing The Right Welding Blankets For The Job
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.111.9) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.014119 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 4051, 968,
Casper