Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Get a Grip and Don't Get Stuck When Using Boat Building Glue
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Get a Grip and Don't Get Stuck When Using Boat Building Glue

Firstly, apologies for my positively cringe worthy pun packed title! If you have

read any of my other articles on boat building, you will have noticed that it's a bad habit of mine, but you will also know that I also provide a lot of useful information on the topic too! So anyway, back to the subject, today's article is looking into your helping hand in your boat building task, the trusty clamp.

I say hand, but it could just as well be hands and the more clamps you have to aid in your boat building, the better. If you have any experience of woodworking, you will know just what an indispensible tool these are and if not, you will soon learn that you can live without them.

Just one of the many applications of clamps is for holding pieces of wood together while you apply glue and wait for it to dry. I'm sure you'd get very tired of holding wood in place for hours whilst the glue is drying and you have far better things to be getting on with, so using a clamp for this purpose will save a lot of time and effort.

There are many different clamps available for you to use as an amateur boat builder, each with it's own pros and cons. There are G' Clamps, Bar/Sash Clamps, Pipe Clamps, Spring Clamps, Mitre Clamps, Vice Clamps and the list goes on. Depending on your particular boat building project, the clamps you will need to use may vary, so look into this before you begin and decide which is best for you.Get a Grip and Don't Get Stuck When Using Boat Building Glue

For instance, if you're wooden boat building project involves a lot of mitre joints, then this joint will come in particularly handy, as it is specifically designed to hold mitered joints together at 90 degrees. However, if you are building a Lapstrake boat, then you will want to employ the use of the Lapstrake clamp to help hold the joints tightly together. Therefore, as can be seen, you'll want to do your research on which is going to be best for your needs.

I would suggest that you buy and use quality clamps, as with anything else in your boat build, you'll get what you pay for. You don't want the clamp to slip whilst you are gluing wood in place and come back to find that the wood is stuck in the wrong position. Imagine the frustration when you actually have to cut more wood out and you're further back than when you began!

That being said, it may also be useful to have a few budget clamps that can be used and abused too. These come in particularly useful for task where you don't need a long lasting hold, like when gluing, but for a quick to apply helping hand, just to hold something in place while you grab a tool for example.

For more information on boat building tools, or for similar boat building topics, also please feel free to visit my website, you're always welcome aboard. Just click on the links below. If you enjoyed this article or found it useful, please take a moment to leave a comment and let me know. I would love to know your thoughts, so just drop me a line.

By: Tony Metcalf
Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance Company Limited (1450) - Financial And Strategic Analysis Review Best Houseboat Plans Download Jack Goes Boating Movie Get Free Love 2010 Why To Buy Metal Fishing Boats Better Opportunities That Exist Beyond Sailboats For Sale Latest Boat Accessories For Want Of A Boat After Your Shallow Water Boat Purchase Cheap San Diego Boat Tours Boat Storage Tips: How To Properly Store Your Boat Como seduzir mulheres em boates Buy Affordable Boat Parts And Accessories Online! Lund Fishing Boats Benefits A Person Needs To Buy One
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.210.235.247) / Processed in 0.012649 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3165, 977,