Fun nightlife event in downtown Ft Lauderdale, Las Olas Riverfront by:Eric Aronson
FTL Pub Crawl works by taking you and up to 120 other crazy partiers crawlin' to the best bars, clubs and scenes in downtown Ft Lauderdale, hooking everybody up with free booze, drink specials, shots, and VIP treatment along the way. The crawl is a great way to meet local people and fellow travelers from all over the world.
The motto at FTL Pub Crawl is simple - When you crawl with us there's no line, no cover, no sobriety. just hard partying.
Anybody over 21 can join in on the fun with Ft Lauderdale Pub Crawl. Their pub crawl is perfect for everybody, no matter what the occasion, including:
* Out-of-towners wanting to experience the most of and the best nightlife spots in Ft Lauderdale
* Groups of friends who want to go out big, expand their networks, while saving money
* Birthday parties, considering the birthday boy/girl crawls for free and is provided with an all-u-can drink pre-party, followed by shots and drink specials throughout the night
* Anyone who simply wants to go out, get drunk, meet people, and have a fun and memorable night (memories of the night are not guaranteed, and will most likely be forgotten).
So why is it worth it to pay the $20 fee to crawl, rather than just go downtown by yourself? First of all, there are several benefits of crawling, compared to just going out on your own. Basically, for only $20.00 ($25.00 at the door) you are getting:
* Open bar - All-u-can-drink beer from 9-10 p.m at the first meet spot.
* 3-5 bars on the crawl, with a FREE SHOT at each.
* Discounts and drink specials at each bar they stop at
* Ladies Drink Free
* Gentelmen get at least 2 free $10 drink vouchers
* No Cover at any bar/club on the crawl
* No Lines at any bar/club on the crawl
* Free FTL Pub Crawl souvenirs - a koozie, t-shirt, or other random prize of the night
* The Perfect Recipe to have a memorable, wild and crazy night (that you will most likely forget).
Okay, so if you like going out and having fun, im sure you want to try this out.... so here's the Deal.
They meet every Thursday night from 9-10 p.m., rain or shine, at the las olas parking garage (map) attached to "Crazy 8's Sports Bar and Grille." Get there early as possible, because starting at 9 they offer an open keg for one hour at Crazy Eights, which is conveniently located just a short stroll away to the other partnered bars on the crawl. I would recommend showing up a bit before 9:00 p.m. to make sure you get your moneys worth.
Next, at 10:05 p.m. their staff will walk everybody to the first pub stop on the crawl, where everybody will skip the line, take a free shot, and party on. They go to different bars every night, so if you can't catch them at the meeting spot before 10:00 p.m., you can try to locate one of staff members wearing a bright yellow shirt and sign up for the crawl whenever you show up. They only have capacity to take up to 120 crawlers per night, so reservations are highly recommended. Additionally, by reserving your spot and pre-paying ahead of time, you will enjoy a $5.00 discount* ($20.00 rather than $25.00 at the door).
They also are highly against drinking and driving. According to a statement on their website, they take matters into their own hands. "Please Crawl Responsibly... Know your limits, and Dont drink and drive. If for some reason, your ride left and you cant afford a cab home, find any FTL Pub Crawl Staff member and we will be happy to find you a ride home. Safety is our number one concern. Thank You."
Have a great time, I know Ill be there on June 25th...!!!!
About the author
Im a nightlife guru in the FT Lauderdale area - I enjoy going out, meeting new people, drinking, having a good time, partying, nightclubs, dancing, downtown ft lauderdale, and pub crawling!