Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Financing Condominiums And New Insurance Requirements
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Financing Condominiums And New Insurance Requirements

Over the last few months, we have started to see changes in the requirements for insurance that Mortgage Companies are demanding

. In years past, the only proof of insurance that was required in order to close escrow, was a certificate of insurance prepared by the Home Owner Associations Master policy. With this document, the Mortgage Company would consider the insurance requirement complete, and no one cared if you protected your own Stuff.

Today we are seeing more and more Mortgage Companies demanding that the new owner provide a Condominium Unit owners Policy. This policy must include Building coverage adequate to protect the mortgage amount. In essence, the new requirements, mandated by the Lender, does not recognize that a master policy exists. This is forcing the new owner to pay additional money for duplicate coverage.

The recent downturn in the economy, and the number of HOAs that are no longer financially sound is probably the reason behind the mandatory requirement of a separate policy. We are seeing many HOAs letting policies cancel for non-payment. If an HOA is having a hard time paying for insurance, they are usually having a hard time paying for normal maintenance. These Condominiums are also susceptible to higher claim frequencies. The first time that many individuals and Mortgage companies find out that there is no insurance on a Condominium is after the claim!

My personal preference is to always purchase a separate unit owners insurance policy that will protect my stuff. My stuff includes:

1. Personal belongings (contents)

2. Building Coverage (so that I am not relying on someone else to protect one of my largest assets)

3. Personal Liability protection (If I get sued because someone tripped)

4. Loss of Use (I need a place to stay if the Condo is destroyed)

Even if I plan on renting the Condo for investment purposes, It is just as important, if not more important to have a separate Rental Condo Unit Owners insurance policy. This policy protects my interests as a landlord and the policy includes:

1. Business Contents (Washer/Dryer etc.)

2. Building Coverage (so that I am not relying on someone else to protect one of my largest assets)

3. Land Lord Liability (If I am sued in a business capacity)

4. Loss of Rents. (when I cant rent the condo because it is being repaired)

Condominiums continue to be a great way to own a residence and have some of the responsibilities of home ownership passed on to the association. Keep in mind that this is also a double edged sword. You should be vigilant in knowing what is going on in your HOA. You should make some of those meetings and understand how financially sound the HOA is. Those people who show concern and ask questions, are also asked to share in the responsibility of governing the HOA . This brings a whole new set of issues and considerations on your part. All in all, condo ownership fits the needs of some people, in a price range that can be more affordable than a free standing house and may be just what you need.

by: Joe King
Your Peace of Mind with Affordable Canada Insurance A Comprehensive Study of Builders Insurance Golf Insurance In Dubai Things To Check In An Insurance Policy All the essentials about insurance Watch New Mexico Lobos vs Air Force Falcons Online Game Coverage Watch USC Trojans vs Arizona St. Sun Devils Game Coverage Online high quality Getting Your Insurance Policy in Order Where to Compare Insurance Quotes Pacific Integrity Insurance Group / piighawaii is NOT a scam Insurance Companies Have Attorneys And So Should You How Much Does Insurance Cost For A 16 Year Old Watch Chiefs vs Broncos Game Coverage Online high quality
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.8.34) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.012349 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3174, 975,
Financing Condominiums And New Insurance Requirements Seattle