Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Differences Between "remodel," "renovation," And "restoration"
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Differences Between "remodel," "renovation," And "restoration"

Differences Between

For those who are thinking about making changes or additions to their home or other

type of building structure, it's important to understand the terminology contractors and builders use so that you can most effectively communicate what you want done to your building. Some of the most commonly confused building terms are "remodel," renovation," and "restoration." Although in the past these terms have been used interchangeably, they actually have unique definitions that should be understood by anyone who wants undergo any these procedures.

First of all, "remodel" means a change in structure or volume. Remodeling projects could include raising the roof or removing and adding walls. On the other hand, "renovation" means a change in the finish or coloring of a building and is usually a much smaller, less time-consuming project than remodeling. And renovations usually entail changing finishes and coloring in order to restore the structure to a better, former state. Although these two terms are technically different, people can still use them interchangeably and still be understood by contractors and other building professionals.

And remodeling and renovation could all be a part of a "restoration." "Restoration" often refers to a project in which a building or structure is brought into a particular time period or era in history. Restoration projects typically try to make a structure as historically accurate as possible. Restoration projects can also include the process of renewing and refurbishing the fabric and materials of a building or structure. Restoration projects often entail internal and external cleaning, repairing the building's fabrics and materials, and rebuilding missing or damaged parts of the structure.

Another term not as commonly used as the three above terms is "rehabilitation." In a building context, "rehabilitation" means a project in which a building is essentially reused. For instance, a building that was originally used as church but is turned into a school would be called a rehabilitation. In some cases, rehabilitation also refers to keeping a building's use by changing the specific type. For example, changing a Burger King to a Taco Bell (changing the type of restaurant, but the building remains a restaurant) could be called a rehabilitation. In everyday usage, many people use the term "rehabilitation" with "restoration," although the interchange is technically incorrect.Differences Between

These are some of the most commonly interchanged and confused words that refer to building projects. And by understanding exactly what these terms mean and how they differ from other terms, people can better communicate their construction needs to contractors and builders.

by: Art Gib
It's Just Common Good Sense Why Did My Ex Cheat On Me - I'm Getting Emotional Revenge On A Cheating Ex - I'm Getting Emotional How Can You Forget The Ex - I'm Getting Emotional My Ex Told Me He Missed Me - I'm Getting Emotional Best Way To Fix Depression - I'm Getting Emotional Not Over Ex One Year On - I'm Getting Emotional Hoe To Get Over My Ex Wife - I'm Getting Emotional I See Pictures Of My Ex And Crys - I'm Getting Angry I Took Revenge Against My Ex - I'm Getting Emotional How To Make My Ex Jealous - I'm Getting Emotional How To Talk With An Ex Gf - I'm Getting Emotional Tips To Sleep Better And Have A Good Night's Rest
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.207.180.141) / Processed in 0.012187 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2789, 952,
Differences Between "remodel," "renovation," And "restoration"