Costa Rica Lots: 6 Ways to Help You Get Your Perfect Property by:Sandra Fierling
Costa Rica lots are readily available - as small or big as you like. The trick is how to get the one that's perfect for you. Here are 6 ways to help you purchase property:
- Finding the area where you'd like to have a lot
This is, of course, really important. The country is very diverse, from mountains to coastal waters and the climate can vary from all year spring in the Central Valley to full blown hot summer on the coast. The north is more arid than the south. You can live near a rainforest or near a volcano - this Central American diamond has it all.
- Through local real estate professionals
When you find the area you are looking for, the next step is to do research online as it will give you a lot of insight. You will find many find local real estate offices and you can view their lots.
- North American real estate companies like Remax and Century 21 also have property listings in Costa Rica This is similar to the second step, but you can be assured of English speakers and you can feel comfortable that they understand your needs.
- Finding FSBO (for sale by owner) listings
Many North Americans live in this Central American paradise - in fact it is the country outside of the U.S. that has the highest number of Americans. Therefore you can be lucky and find a sale by owner (again use the internet first). Of course, some of these owners will be locals and therefore Spanish speaking.
- Visiting land developed by North American companies who sell to people in Canada and the U.S.
There are also North American companies, for example, who are in land development here. These companies give seminars in Canada and the U.S. hoping to sell plots of land they have and will develop. Therefore, many options are offered. Land on its own, land with utilities included, land with utilities and road and street lighting, etc. Most of these companies also offer you help building a home on the land and even furnishing it for you. Afterward, they offer services such as gardening, maid service and even renting out your property for the time you are not in it - all at reasonable rates.
- Going there yourself, hiring a car and looking for lots you like and then doing one of the above options. This certainly will be necessary at some stage of the process of acquiring Costa Rica lots. Even if you do this right at the beginning, without doing much research, it's a great thing to get a 'look and feel' for the country, its people and the countryside. Not only that, but you get to meet and talk to people. This way you can be drawn to a place or community that was not on your list, but could end up as the spot for you.
- Renting first
This is definitely a wise decision. Even if you want to purchase land, rent a place near that and stay there for a while. This way you get to know the place intimately - are there mosquitoes, does the ocean get rough at a certain time of the year, where can you get meat, fish, fruit and vegetables - lots of things you need to consider if you are serious about your quest.
Purchasing Costa Rica lots is a serious decision and a lot of thought and preparation needs to go into it before you find the right spot in paradise for you.
About the author
Here' you can find helpful tips to get the perfect Costa Rica lots for you. More resources at Sandra's website: http://traveldestinationcostarica.com