Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Chac Mool Beach, Cancun by:Rosa Carvajal
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Chac Mool Beach, Cancun by:Rosa Carvajal

Playa Chac Mool is located 10 km in the Hotel Zone

. The word Chac Mool is the name given to the Mayan sculpture of a Mayan god reclined with knees bended and a pot over his belly. I'm not sure why this beach is called Chac Mool, but if I had to guess I'd say it's because the beauty of this place is such that it could've only been created by a mythical figure.

This beach is well-known for the stunning vibrant colors of its waters. Although at first the water seems shallow do not let your guard down. In fact, one can walk up to 14 meters in the shallow waters when you are suddenly and unexpectedly faced with a huge rocky drop off. It is important to verify the tide conditions because at times it can get rough and the currents strong. This beach, nevertheless, provides an excellent area for water sports such as sail-boating, water skiing, and parasailing.

Playa Chac Mool is situated right in front of the Hotel Sierra and Hyatt Cancun Caribe, which are two prestigious hotels. While enjoying an afternoon stroll at this particular location, I couldn't help but admire the wonderful shadow that is casted on the beach due to the immenseness of the hotels. I can't complain, for it so happens that I hadn't brought my umbrella and the shadow therefore was a perfect shield from the warm sun.

However, despite the hotels, there is a considerable wide strip of beach. Which, depending on your preference, you can enjoy alone during the off-season, or enjoy it with plenty of company during the peak season.

About the author

I'm an English instructor. I love my career because it allows me to work with students of all ages (from children in kindergarten to mature adults in college) and walks of life. I have a B.A. in English and have recently obtained my M.A. also in English. During my free time I write travel and write short articles for the Patawalk Virtual Tours website (www.patawalk.com). This site takes visitors into fully mapped virtual tours in 360 format of amazing plces such as Cancun, Mexico. It's like being there!'
Punta Cancun, Cancun by:Rosa Carvajal Caracol Beach, Cancun by:Rosa Carvajal Las Perlas Beach by:Rosa Carvajal Benefits of an Online Travel Agency by:Josh Webber Party In Bangkok At the Bank -- Bangkok's Hottest Entertainment Option by:Tom Aikins Okinawa Night Life by:Hiromi Tso Facilities - accommodation hamilton island by:Joan Paynter Beach Holidays in Kerala, God's Own Country by:Joseph Moore Kerala - A Favored Honeymoon Destination of India by:Joseph Moore Vatican City Guide by:Paolo Pedica Visiting Rome with Children by:Paolo Pedica Visiting Churches in Rome by:Paolo Pedica Touring the Vatican Museum with a Personal Guide by:Paolo Pedica
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.192.93.109) / Processed in 0.011750 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2149, 954,